Monday, July 29, 2013

email 7.29.13


Mi familia-

I don't even know where to begin, mostly I'll just preface with I love being a missionary.  I know I say that all the time, but it is so real, there is not other experience on earth that can compare.  

I love Harrisonburg and Hispanics.  This week we have been really busy.  Our cute little branch needs some big time strengthening, so we have been all over the place visiting members, less actives, part member families, and teaching any one in our path.  There is nothing better than a cute little hispanic lady kissing your on you cheek, talking a million miles an hour, and force feeding you large pieces of meat.  We have had a few experiences with eating authentic food, from all over the place.  Mostly, I love everything, except the huge chunks of meat.  My stomach is in need of some adjusting, but its all good.  One night there was a little baby cow, just mooing away all night, it was the best.  We are starting to get a feel for the area and the members are starting to love us as much as we love them.  Coordinating with the Elders has been a little rough, but its starting to be better.  

We had a million miracles this week, but one stood out in particular to me.  We were knocking on the door of a reference that we received from a member and had a little chat, nothing crazy.  But afterwards we were walking down the street and we saw some hispanics playing soccer, so naturally we stopped to chat.  We ended up teaching them the restoration, and about half way through the lesson they told us that is was a miracle from God that we were teaching them.  They had planned to go play soccer with some friends but for no real reason decided to stay home instead.  BEST EVER.  They are the best, the sad news is they are in the Elder's area so they are gong to teach them, but either way, they will be fed!  

I have been really surprised how many people want to chat about God.  Almost everyone we attempt to talk to says "la palabra de Dios, oh, es muy bonita" Which is good and bad.  Sometimes I feel like they just think we are telling a beautiful story, its helping them see what it really means that is the tricky part!  But I can tell when the spirit is talking to them, its the best.  

Also we have a new investigator named Nancy.  She is the cutest little woman and has three adorable kids who all listened to our lesson.  We are teaching her on Wednesday again.  Who knows what will happen, but all that matters is that we are sharing what we know!  

I know when I am working hard and doing what I am supposed to because I get so overly happy.  It is kind of funny, but it is real, this gospel makes me so happy.  

Saturday was awesome.  In the morning I got a "package of sunshine" from Penny and Bob, it was an answer to my prayers, I was in need of a little sunshine.  Then Hna. George went to a baptism so she dropped Hna. Olsen and I off in Charlottesville for the night.  We had a wee of a time with sister Hammond and Jepson.  It was fun to be in a new area and get to know some new people.  

Thank you for all the letters and emails.  Life seems pretty good at home!  I am so happy that Luke loved Catalina, and that him and Dad get to go frolicking with Ian and Brent and Thomas.  That just seems like the best of times.  Fill me in on your Girls weekend, and give everyone at home big kisses for me!  

Mom, thank you for being such a strong woman that I can look up to.  I think about you often and how you are an example of Christ.  So thank you. Also the package was perfect, say thank you to Jenny, and the yoga this morning was awesome!  
  
Dad, Thank you for beating all the Bourne brothers, we have to keep our status up, I knew I could rely on you.  Also thanks for hugging my soul sisters for me, i miss them!  Thank you for allowing me this opportunity to serve the Lord.  

My favorite scripture of the day is Jacob 3:1,2- The pure in heart will be consoled in their afflictions.  I thought alot about what it means to be pure in heart, I have learned that it means that we apply the atonement and become clean through Christ.  Best.  

I love you all dearly!  

Con Amor, Hermana Myer

No comments:

Post a Comment