Wednesday, July 10, 2013

email 7.10.13


My dearest familia-
 
Thank you thank you thank you for everything you did for me on my birthday.  Everything was perfect.  The birthday box was the best ever.  Everything inside of it was perfect.  I was suprised and happy and loved on my birthday, and you know how much that means to me.  The Lord really does take care of us when we ask.  Thank you to everyone who sent me letters and packages, I am serious when I say it was the best birthday ever.  We had just a wee of a time studying with party hats on, even though the elders were a little mad becasue they had sparkels on them all day, but they love me, so it was worth it.  I have the best district ever.  Anyways, I am offically 21, yay! 

I also have one last request, I meant to take care of this before I left, but I forgot.  I need some kind of thing that I can hook my smallest suitcase onto one of my bigger ones so I can roll them all in the airport.  I don't know if there is something on amazon that would work, or maybe some good old fashioned rope?  Maybe dad would have a better idea, but I am nervous for the airport, I will send a picture of my suitcases so you can see what might work.  I am sorry to make you send me another package!  Also about the airport, we have our travel plans and I am allowed to call you from the airport but I have a few options.  I am going to lay out the situation and options and I just want you to send me a dear elder and let me know what you want me to do! 
 
Okay so our flight leaves Salt Lake at 7:08 am on Wednesday the 17th, We will probably be available to talk around 5:30-6, which is an hour earlier for you, so I could just buy a calling card and call you, but it will be early.  We have a layover in Atlanta at 12:45, and then our flight to richmond leaves at 2:12, so we have way less time, and I am not sure if we will really be able to stop at pay phones, so if I am going to call you from a payphone it would be better to do it at Salt lake.  There is another option, my companion's mom sent her one of those pay as you go phones I think it is called a trac phone.  She got one that was just like 10$ with 120 mins on it...that way she can just call her where ever she is and whatnot, and then she is just going to throw it away or send it home.  So that is an option, if you wanted me to do that you would have to send me a phone, but I could call you from atlanta and not at 4:30.  I have the ability to buy a calling card here, I just want to do whatever would be the best for you guys though.  Also tell me which number you want me to call! 
 
Sharla's lesson sounds great, we actually talked about just that when we were learning how to teach the word of wisdom.  Sharla is the best, tell her I love her. 
 
I wrote luke a letter, so tell him to write me back some day! 
 
I am happy that Alyse and Ryder get to vistit, take pictures for me. 
 
Also Elder Barton sent me some cookies and a letter for my birthday, they were very yummy, and it was so nice of him to think of me.  Will you please send me his address so I can thank him! 
 
So many things have happened this week, I don't know where to start! The fourth of July was just awesome.  We had a special devotional, then watched 17 miracles, then they let us stay up past 10:30 and watch fireworks and eat magnum bars, can we say living on the edge?  It was so fun, the next morning it was a little harder to get up, but very worth it.  The 4th is always one of my favorite holidays, I was sad not to be swimming in Diet Coke with my bestest friends, but the MTC is pretty great non the less.  Also 17 miracles, can you say tear jerker?  I died, it was the best ever, please watch it.  Actually I had a really neat experience while I was watching it...the couple of days before that I was starting to feel kind of homesick, just a little, mostly just missing seeing people aka Ian and my friend Brad who just come home from his mission, nothing extreme.  But when I was watching the movie I realized how silly that all is, I have been given this amazing opportunity to forget myself and serve the Lord 100% and that is what I need to do.  I immediatly felt peace about being where I was. 
 
We had an awesome speaker on Sunday night, his name was George Durrant, he was hilarious.  He talked about being bold, how being bold does not mean being loud.  He talked about how important it is to be bold, because it is not our name on the line, it is the Lords name and with his name, we have nothing to fear.  Isnt that just the best feeling ever?  I loved his talk, he helped me to feel confident about the work that I am about to do.  Giving 100% of myself to the Lord has truly taken on a new meaning.  I have realized that I cannot do this, or anything in my life, without the help of my savior.  The best thing is I can't, but also, I am not required to.  He wants to help us, he wants to hear from us, he is just waiting to pour out blessings, if we simply ask.  Last night at our devotional we had a speaker who talked all about personal revelation.  He said that in order to receive personal revelation we need to have faith and humble our soul.  The way that the spirit propmts us and gives us revelation is directly to our soul.  I have been thinking alot about souls, I think becuase my soul was mentioned quite a few times when I was set apart.  When our souls are pure, and christ like, we are then in a position to recieve revelation.  This week during my personal study I have been studying about Christ-like attributes.  I have been growing closer to my Savior every day.  I have never been so close to my Savior, and in turn so close to the spirit. This is such a unique opportunity, one that I will never have again and I am so grateful for it.  My testimony has grown exponentially, as well my love for the Book of Mormon and the truthfullness of its teachings.  I can say that I came into the MTC believeing, but I am leaving converted, and I have never been happier.  Or more tired for that matter, but its the best. 
 
I love you so very much.  Thank you for supporting me.  I am so excited to get to Virginia and start using all of my skills!  I love you and pray for you every single night.  Hasta Luego CCM!
 
xoxo, Hermana Myer

No comments:

Post a Comment