Wednesday, July 17, 2013

email 7.16.13


My dearest family,
This week has been crazy!  Everyone in our district left early Monday morning, except Myself, Hermana Wilkins, and Hermana Bingham.  So it is a little triste over here without my right hand hermana, we still have classes and normal studying, and no time to pack.  It is very crazy.  Also I am in a trio, and boy it is hard to get three people everywhere you need to be.  But it is good.  During our classes yesterday we had some intense one on one times, but I am glad we did, we learned so much.  I am so excited to get to Virginia! 
 I am going to buy a calling card today so I will call early on wednesday morning.  I would assume around 6:00 Utah time, our flight leaves at 7:08.  So be ready for that!  
That is so fun that Alyse and Ryder have been visiting, it sounds like you guys did all the most fun things to do in the world.  I am sad that I am missing him being a kid, but I am happy that you are teaching him my name, that es muy importante.  Send me a video of him, I might be able to see it the next time I email, in the real world!  Ahhhh its so crazy.  In two days I will be in my mission.  I am very very excited. 
My studies this week have all revolved around giving my will to the Lord.  I think because of my quickly approaching arrival in my mission every thing is becoming  more real.  If I just think about being on my mission, trying to speak spanish, trying to say the right thing, trying to listen to every prompting.  It seems a little overwhelming.  But what I learned this week is that I am not supposed to be adequate on my own, none of us are.  We are supposed to rely on the Lord, he will make us adequate for whatever we need to be.  It is the best feeling.  I do not have to be alone ever.  My new favorite scripture is Ether 12:27.  When we humbly come to the Lord, he will make weak things strong.  I think I am beginning to understand what it means to make the Lord part of everything that I do.  When we fully accept the atonement of Chirst, this can happen for us.  Not only that when we fully accept Christ we will become like him, which is the ultimate goal, we want others to be able to see Christ when they look at us.  I want people to see Christ when they look at me, to be able to see what it means to have pure joy.  I have been working on gaining Charity.  For me charity is looking at people through Gods eyes, not just who they are, but what their potential is.  Mom,  you are the ultimate example of Charity to me.  Thank you for being such an example to me and caring so much about all of God's children.  You inspire me to be better, you inspire me to love more purely. 
Elder Cook, one of the elders in my district, gave me a blessing on Sunday.  I am so grateful for the priesthood in my life.  He blessed me to know that Heavenly Father is proud of me.  And I truly feel like he is.  He blessed me to remember that Heavenly Father is preparing people right now, and as I ask him for direction he will lead me to their doors.  I am so happy and ready to start teaching. 
I love you all very much, I am grateful to have supportive family and friends.  My mission home address is:
Virginia Richmond Mission
9327 Midlothian Tpke Ste 1-B
Richmond, VA 23235-4944
I am not sure how mail and all that will work, I may just get it once a week?  Thats mostly what I hear, so family please send me emails.  I have no idea when my p-day is or anything like that, but just send me a few after you talk to me on Wednesday and that way I will have something to read.  I am sure my next email will be scattered and crazy, but get excited, its about to be the best 17 months ever. 
Go to the temple for me!  I miss it already.  And tell Ian I am waiting for his letter!  I am glad he is home and safe and doing well. 
xoxo Hermana Myer

No comments:

Post a Comment