Friday, July 5, 2013

email 7.3.13


Familia-
 
So I guess you guys heard we got to go on a super fun field trip to the podiatrist so I could get some good old warts removed, I hope the message didn't freak you out mom, and Dad I hear your voice over the phone and shed a tear or two.  But all is well hopefully the warts go away...yikes.  My toes are hanging in there, I have iced them a couple of times which helps! I am not sure what I want to do about pictures I have an external jump drive thing so I can put them on there, but I'll keep you updated on that.  
 
Thank you for all your letter and things this week, you are the best family ever.  It sounds like you have been busy!  Kenna why do you have to go and crush mom's dream of you marrying elder barton?  That could have been really fun!  Youth conference sounded like fun, McKenna said she felt like a missionary, and I love the sound of that, and of course Luke would make the pass along cards into paper airplanes-classic.  I hope that you guys had fun!  Is John Calkins coming to this MTC?  I will keep my eyes peeled for him.  I am sorry for the recent vehicle trouble, I am glad that Dora could be of assistance.  IAN IS HOME!  Alyse sent me picture of him, tell him to write me, or just tell him I say Hi and that I am a real live missionary. 
 
As for the MTC, we are still alive and well in here.  I can't remember what I said in my email last week...but both mom and dad said they could tell I was having a hard time.  I didn't want to say too much, but I was having a hard time...you guys are so on the ball.  Nothing major, but this stuff is not easy.  We had a speaker yesterday who read us his journal entries from his mission and his were very up and down, it made me feel better about not every day being the best day ever.  I don't want you to get me wrong, because I LOVE being a missionary.  I love learning and speaking Spanish and teaching and mostly I love coming closer to my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. 
 
The past week we have learned alot about receiving revelation.  We got to hear from Sheri Dew on Sunday for Relief Society.  It was the best ever.  She challenged us to ask the Lord to teach us what it sounds like for us personally to hear the Spirit.  I had never thought about that, but it is the perfect idea.  I took the challenge and started praying to learn how I can hear the spirit.  On Monday during our lesson we were teaching about prayer and having a relationship with our Father in Heaven.  Our investigator is Catholic and she told us that she is still going to pray to the Virgin Mary because God will listen to the Virgin because she is pure.  I sat there for a second and then I told her that through Christ she can be pure too and speak directly with God.  I know that was not my thought, and on top of that it was in Spanish.  It was the best ever.  I know that when we ask for the spirit to teach through us he will.  I love being a missionary.  Sister Dew also taught us about our power.  The power that we have been set apart to use, she told us that the more we learn about the power that God has given us, the harder it is for the adversary to win.  Which reminds me, will you send me a copy of my call?  I didn't bring it with me...ooops.  It is in my mission handbook thing on my bookshelf. 
 
We watched a pre-recorded talk from Elder Bednar on Sunday night, it was amazing.  I have heard that they only place they show it is in the MTC, which is too bad because it was so great.  The talk is called the Character of Christ.  He talked about putting off the natural man, and turning to Christ.  It was one of the most life changing talks.  It really made me think about what it mean to turn to Christ, what it means to be a disciple.  He told us that when we turn outward and become less selfish, we become  more like Christ.  It made me think Mom, she is one of the best example of Christ like charity out there. 
 
Tomorrow is the 4th of July so we get to watch the fireworks, which is going to be the best.  The 4th of July is one of my top three favorite holidays, you could say I'll be wearing my red, white, and blue plaid bow and red lipstick.  I am excited for our outing to the field to watch.  It should be epic. 
 
I love being a missionary, I love teaching, I love you guys, mostly I love my Savior and my Heavenly Father.  I know that this is where I am supposed to be and I am getting really excited to go out to Virginia, I am so excited for the people that the Lord is preparing for me. 
 
A couple more things, can you please send me a hard copy of my call asap?  That would be wonderful.  And thank you for all the early birthday wishes, I am sure it will be a fabulous day! 
Sorry I just saw your email, here is a fresh one, I will do that from now on.  TELL IAN TO WRITE ME.  love you. 
 
xoxo, Hermana Myer

No comments:

Post a Comment