Sunday, November 16, 2014

email 9.29.14

Mi familia!

Well life is great, and mission life is even better.  And that is real.  I am never coming home.  We had another amazing week, and I am just too happy. 

Maria, Keyla, and Ester got baptized on Friday! And after much preparation everything went relatively smoothly, and it ended up being beautiful.  They are just so prepared, and excited and happy, and it was just perfect.  They were only a little bit nervous, but mostly just so happy.  It is just so fun to be a missionary and watch people change, watch them become happy, watch them to become more like Christ.  I am so lucky.  We also had a ton of support from the ward, they fit right in.  Afterwards we had to have a fiesta, claro, and everyone had a great time.  Sunday we did have a little scare when they were 10 mins late and almost missed getting the Holy Ghost, but all is well, they have been confirmed! 

We had a couple of exchanges this week which was all kinds of fun.  I felt like I learned so much from working with all kinds of different sisters.  I just felt like I had no reservations, and just helped them do work, and we saw all kinds of miracles.  I stayed here with an English sister and all day we just had miracle after miracle, and I kept having to translate for the cute sister so she could see how awesome God is!  We knocked into this guy who was almost baptized a couple years ago in New Jersey, but they had to suddenly move and lost contact with the missionaries.  I asked him if he wanted to be baptized now and he said yes, so sweet. 

This weekend we started out Book of Mormon read-a-thon, and things are going great!  We decided to read out loud together to avoid falling asleep, which proved to be a great idea.  It is fun too because then we can discuss what is going on and figure everything out.  There is a lot of things that I did not know about the Book of Mormon!  I am learning so much.  It is neat to be able to read is really fluidly, just going straight through, I have been able to make a lot more connections.  I have been marking all of the scriptures that refer to Christ, his atonement, his qualities, ect., and it has been an amazing experience.  The Book of Mormon really is just another testament of Jesus Christ, of his divinity, and the Plan that God has for us.  The idea is that after the whole mission reads the whole Book of Mormon that missionary work will just explode, and I think it will.  I am just so grateful for this opportunity that I have to grow my testimony and to keep learning. 

ALSO huge miracle.  We have been visiting Darlin and Yuleli's family, my cute recent converts, and they are really coming around.  When the girls got baptized last year Jose, their dad started coming back to church, and now their mom is starting to come back too!  They told us last night that they are preparing to go to the temple.  They know that it is a huge commitment, but they are getting excited!  We had the best family home evening with them.

So all in all I am happy, and being a missionary is the best thing that I ever decided to do.  But seriously, whoa.  Me and the Mana Rosen are just having the best time, working hard, and laughing every day until we die.  So life is great.  ALSO the women's broadcast was my favorite, we have the best church/leaders ever.  I love you all, have the best week! 

xoxo Hermana Myer

No comments:

Post a Comment