Sunday, November 16, 2014

email 10.20.14

Okay folks, here it is, I will be spending my last transfer here in the Harrisonburg!  And I am just too happy.  I didn't think I was going to be transfer and I was right!  So we are happy happy happy here.  We are getting a new companion too, which is always exciting.  Hermana Rosen is going home in the middle of the transfer, so for a few weeks we will be in a trio. The going home thing is starting to feel real, which is scary, but I am trying to sort things out so that i am not scared!  I keep telling myself that it will be good to be able to come home and be a better human, and help others be better humans too.  But it is still sad, and i think it will be hard. 
Anyway...we had another great week!  We are still on the hunt for those elect, but meeting great people along the way.  We have done some good quality knocking this week, and the good news is, it still works!  We found this cute cute lady named Lucia, who struggles with a ton of health problems.  She is older and just so fragile, and so so so excited to learn, so we jumped right on that.  We found some other fun hispanics, and I remember every time how much I love them, and how they are my gente. 
We have a new couple that just moved into our ward, and they are awesome.  The wife, Claudia, just gets it.  This week I have been so grateful for all the members that we have up here.  This new couple included.  I have just seen how many sacrifices these people make to help this cute branch.  And it really stems from their love for the Lord.  They love the lord more than anything else, and so they are willing to help, willing to give their whole hearts, might, mind and strength to him.  I want to always have a clear head about who I am serving, and spending my time efficiently doing the will of God.  I am so grateful for all of the amazing examples that i have in my life. 

This week I have been studying about the Natural man, about putting off our "natural man" desires and feeding our spiritual desires.  I feel like the temptations from satan are so real and so subtle, and it is too easy to act like the "natural man".  I have learned that we cannot even take one day a break to strengthen our spiritual man, because any slight chance he gets he will snake his way in.  I am trying hard to have enough self control to just do what God wants me to do, and not what I want to do.  To react to situations the way he wants me too, to love people the way he wants me to, to be the human he wants me to.  I am so grateful for my mission and for all of the things that I have learned.  Living the gospel protects me.  And I will never not live it, because without that protection scary scary things happen. 
Funny: yesterday before sacrament meeting, the presedente's son, Amulek, who is 7, squeezed himself through everyone's pew to shake everyone's hand and say "hola".  It was hilarious, his mom didn't think so!  We died. 
Love love love being a missionary the most!  I love you all, you are the best family ever!  Don't forget to share the gospel today, and just keep being great!  Have a happy week!
besitos, Hermana myer
  

No comments:

Post a Comment