Sunday, November 16, 2014

email 10.27.14

This week was out of control!  And it also felt like a month long, but the good news is that we made it, and things are starting to calm down. 
So transfers were on Tuesday, and Hermana Rosen went down for a couple of days to go to the temple with the departing missionaries, so I was missing my right hand man for a few days.  I stayed up here with Sister Armstrong, and we took care of business.  Two sets of our sisters had to move, so we were running around like crazy.  Later on Tuesday night, Hermana McRae joined us (our new compy) and we continued to run around like crazy.  Wednesday we helped the sisters get settled, cleaned a disgusting used-to-be elders apartment, and taught some lessons.  Thursday we got word that we are not allowed to have 6 girls in our apartment...so as soon as hermana Rosen got home we got ready to move ourselves out...still teaching lessons....Saturday we spent running around collecting furniture for all said new apartment changes, and moving ourselves in.  Then we went out to dinner and taught some more lessons.  It was all very eventful and by Sunday morning my cuerpo was sore in all the ways...but surprisingly still feeling upbeat!  We just did work.  And we were really tired.  But we are all feeling much better this morning. 
 We taught Cinthia again this week, and she is preparing to be baptized on November 8th!  We had so much drama with her a couple of weeks ago, when she was supposed to be baptized and we gave her a brake last week, but she still wants to be baptized, and knows she needs to.  We took our new, awesome member Claudia with us to the lesson and she bore a sweet testimony about how her siblings have all joined the church over the last 20 years...and Cinthia just got it.  She and her daughter Nicole came to church on Sunday, and everything is going great with them.  I am so grateful for awesome members for their testimonies, we really do need them. 
Yesterday we dropped in Church attendance by 30 people, it was sad sad sad.  So we devoted the rest of the day to seeing our semi-active families.  It was such a blessing.  First of all we did not have one appointment, and we saw people from 2:30-9:00 straight through.  I have been so humbled by the trials that people go though.  These cute members are my family, and I have been with them for 7.5 months now, and I just love them.  They make me so happy, and they trust me and share with me and care about me.  I just want to help them in anyway I can, sometimes I feel a little hopeless, because really I cant fix their problems, but then I remember, DUH, the atonement is real, and God is there for them, and I just have to do all I can to help them strengthen their relationship with him.  I am so grateful to be here with my cute cute cute hispanics. 
I am happy and trying to live up every second of my mission.  I am eager to become who God wants me to become, but I know that I need to be patient and endure what he wants me to endure.  I am so grateful for the happiness and peace the gospel brings into my life, and especially the eternal perspective that I have been able to gain. 
I love love love you all! 
Besitos, Hermana Myer

No comments:

Post a Comment