Sunday, November 16, 2014

email 10.13.14

This week has been filled of some good hard missionary work.  We have come to a little bit of a dry spell with the investigators, so it is time to find some new people!  Hurray!  Just some quality time knocking doors.  I actually really really really enjoy knocking the doors, everyone is just another surprise, and you never know who is waiting for you!  Also it really helped me gain appreciation for English missionaries, they knock way more than we do! 
We did find some new gems to start teaching this week, which is just fun.  One of them is actually a former that I taught last year, his name is Cesar.  Not sure if you all remember, but he was actually the first person I ever contacted in Spanish.  We met him in the Wendy's the first day of the mission, and he came to church the first week.  He is hilarious, and a little bit flaky, but wants to learn, so we are excited. 

We also started teaching a 15 year old boy names Juan, which is right up our alley, so that is fun fun fun.  He is a soccer fanatic and actually really good (we think). 
We had two exchanges this week, which i love love love!  Sister Taylor (who is a temple square sister and served with Anna Banana in the office) came to Harrisonburg with me, which is always an adventure, especially when said knocking is done literally ALL day, but it was fun.  She is hilarious, and loves being a missionary, and just made me happy.  She made me feel so confident and light and we had a wee of a time sharing the gospel together. 
I also ventured down to the Waynesboro, which is a funny little place.  It is filled of REDNECKS, and 2 Hispanics, which you know i found, and taught.  We also found this gem of a new investigator named David, who was cracking all kinds of redneck jokes.  Too much fun. 
Any way.  We are blessed and happy here in the Harrisonburg.  This week has been awesome, I have started working on my goals based on the conference talks.  I am just so happy to be here and  I never want to leave!  As you know, Hermana Stapley came back to visit and we got to see her!  It was joyous, but also sad, she cried a few times.  I think going home is hard, but hey!  I am not doing that!  so hurray!
Funny: Me and sister Taylor were sitting in the car discussing plans, when a 8 year-old GORDITO (little fatty, male), wearing only spidey whitey-thighties ran across the apartment complex right into his tiny dads arms, who then carried him back across the complex.  We died.  I love my hispanics. 
Les quiro mucho! 
beitos, Hermana riley jane

No comments:

Post a Comment