Sunday, November 16, 2014

email 11.10.14

Well this week has been quite the tormento!  But life would not be quite as fun without the craziness.  Also we would not be able to learn how to rely on the Lord quite as well. 
So we did spend almost all last week in the hospital with cute hermana Rosen.  She really went through the ringer.  With her blood clotting disorder, everything got more complicated.  She saw a hundred doctors and about a thousand nurses.  We took turns staying overnight in the hospital with her, and the other one would go out with one of the other hermanas in our branch (we have 2 trios), to get some sleep and teach some lessons, the usual.  The whole ordeal was quite exhausting, but I think we all learned alot through the whole thing.  First I had a ton of time to study and think and also watch church movies, so all very conducive to learning.  I took the time to reflect on my mission, the things that I have learned, and set some firm goals for when I go home.  I did some in depth study of what it means to be a disciple of Christ.  I just want so badly to be an emissary of love for the Lord to his children.  I just want to do what is right and follow my savior.  I have been so blessed to see so many people make that choice to follow their Savior and witnessed how it has changed them, and everything about their lives too.  I am grateful for this past week because it gave me so many opportunities to serve, and to show my love for my Savior by loving others.  The good news is that Hermana Rosen is doing much much better.  She just has to be careful and not lift anything at all...but she should have a full recovery.  God is good, he protects us. 
The other highlight was our cute cute cute Maggie got baptized.  That was our main focus this week, getting her all prepared for Saturday.  She is the biggest gem, she was just so prepared.  I have never met anyone to so easily accept all of the principals and commandments.  She just gets it.  We had an awesome family in the English ward that were her main fellow shippers, the Walton family.  They are just amazing.  They wanted to have all of the lessons at their house and do everything.  We had the sweetest baptismal service for her.  There were so many wonderful members willing to help out, give talks, make cookies, you know the drill.  But it really was beautiful.  She is a wonderful woman.  I am so grateful that we had the chance to teach her and help her make her way onto the path, she is just fabulous. 
Other than that I am just grateful to be a missionary this week, grateful that I still have time to help others come unto Christ, not to mention the rest of my life.  But I am happy that my mind set has changed about life, about what is important, about what I need to do, and who I need to be.  I feel like I have a clearer outlook on life.  Anywho mostly I am grateful to have the best family ever, who I know I can always rely on.  Thank you for being the best.  I love love love love love love you the most! 
besitos, Hermana Myer

No comments:

Post a Comment