Wednesday, March 19, 2014

email 3.4.14

Hola mi familia!  We did get snowed in yesterday, so that was the worst.  But things are melting up and we are happy!

We had a really awesome week, full of very random adventures.  Our teaching pool has been decreasing, so we planned to have a ton of time finding new investigators...which mean knocking doors!  yay!  I really do love knocking doors, it is just so exciting, you never know what you are going to find.  And let me tell you, we found some classic people.  Lets just say we are weeding through those who are not prepared!  But we did find a couple of diamonds in the rough, so it was all worth it.  

We had another awesome lesson with Waleska this week.  She is so sincere and there is just something about her.  Something that makes you want to love her and be her best friend.  I am just so thankful that we have the opportunity to know her and teach her.  

We also had the opportunity to teach Christians family.  His mom is not a member  (we are teaching her separately) and his moms boyfriend, Pinky, is the son of one of our fuerte members, and then he has a little sister.  We caught them all together and had a lesson about the temple and being an eternal family.  It was great.  We are working with them slowly but surly, Heavenly Father really did bless us with the opportunity to teach them all together.  

We have the sweetest member, her name is Oralia, and she comes out with us at least once a week.  She is such an inspiration to me.  Her husband is less active, and when she came out with us this week she told me a story.  I guess a couple of years ago she stopped coming to church, she said the missionaries came by to visit her and they bluntly told her that she was not completing her baptismal covenant, and she needed to.  She said that she needed someone to be blunt with her, and she felt so silly after, and since then has never missed a Sunday.  I was so touched by her example, and the realization that sometimes we need to be blunt, but with love.  

On Friday we had another miracle.  We passed by Daniela's house to have our lesson with her, but she was sick.  But her mom (who really doesn't like us or ever want anything to do with us, and never talks to us) let us in!  We were freaking out, well inside, and sat down and tried to be super casual and nice.  We ended up sitting there and just talking for her for an hour.  She told us all about her family and Columbia, and her life story.  She really opened up to us and told her about how much she has relied on God and how much he has helped her in her life.  We we so happy that she actually talked to her, we about died.  One tiny step for humanity, and one GIANT step for Hermana Myer y Rosen.  When we came by on Sunday to teach Daniela, her mom sat in for the first time!  We are making baby steps, and so happy about it. 

We had exchanges this week with the Sister Training leaders, and it was the best.  Hermana Carn came to be with me and Hermana Rosen went with Hermana Stapley.  Hermana Carn is my idol.  She is going home at the end of this transfer, and I am devastated.  She is such an example to me and gives me hope.  She strikes the perfect balance of being obedient, and still being a human as opposed to a Robot.  I learned so much from her about teaching and finding and just being a happy missionary.  We found the cutest new investigator, Norma, and had the best first lesson ever.  We also helped serve food at a Boda (wedding) of someone in the ward.  It was the most classic thing I have ever attended.  The EQP was the MC, wearing his gold chain, white t, and his sports coat...the oldest man in the ward was the DJ, with a doo-rag, and Elder Burbank (the biggest spazz) was the photographer.  So you know the whole thing went swimmingly.  It was just too classic.  We really enjoyed ourselves, and now they are married, so hurray!  

Yesterday ended up not being too bad.  The sisters that we live with got picked up by a member to go make a legit St. Patrick's day cake for a recent convert in their ward, and we got to go with them.  Bill, is Irish and loves St. Patrick's day, so they decided that a cake was in order.  We made little leprechauns out of fondant and everything.  It actually turned out really cute.  Then we stayed in the whole night and called everybody in our area book and cleaned.  It was a good day!  

I am happy.  I love being a missionary.  I love being here in Virginia.  I love my compy comp.  I love my mission President.  And I love my Savior and my Heavenly Father.  I hope you all have the best week ever! 

Con amor, Hermana Myer

No comments:

Post a Comment