Monday, March 31, 2014

email 3.31.14


Hola mi familia!  

Spring is springing here in Virginia, and oh boy is it making me happy.  I forgot to get a picture before we came in but I will get some this week.  Bloosoms are popping up everywhere.  It is so fun!  It has been raining all weekend, but it is nice and sunny today.  We are still working on the temperature, but it will come.  

This week has been awesome.  On Monday we had another AWESOME family night with the Mendez family, just the joy of my life.  It was really great for Hermana Rosen, a little parting gift.  And boy how I miss her, she is a good one, a reeeeally good one.  

On Tuesday we went to transfer meeting which was very bitter sweet.  They switched transfers around so now the departing missionaries go to the meeting.  Hermana Carn and Elder Harris both bore their testimonies, and changed my life.  It just made me want to be a better missionary, to talk to everyone, to change as much as I can, and just love everyone to death.  It really just helped me gain a new perspective.  My new compy comp is Hermana Hiebert.  She is a real gem.  She is from Canada, and has been out one transfer longer than me.  She has spent her whole mission until now in Charlottesville, so she is going through some big changes.  She is a champ.  She actually reminds me alot of Jessie Agle, she has some of the same mannorisms/attidute, I can't quite figure it out, but all I can say is Jessie Agle!  So that is just fun.  She is awesome, she thinks outside of the box and has brought a new perspective to the area, so that is just fun.  

But like I said after the meeting on Tuesday i just wanted to be different, to be better, happier, all the things, so I just did it!  I talked to literally every human I saw all week...white, black, hispanic, you name it.  And It just made me happy.  Sometimes is hard when everyone falls through or no one is home or you can't find any cute hispanics, but I just changed my mind about it.  It was so happy.  I am so happy.  And we even got 6 referrals for the Engligh Elders and 4 for the sisters.  I just love being a missionary.  I love being happy and friendly and confident, I just never want to leave!  

We had two grande miracles this week!  First things first, Christian and his bff Ruben (16 yrs old) came to church, AND they know it is true, and they are both going to be baptized.  I about died of happiness when I saw them walk in the door, I really just wanted to hug them, but I restrained...but just barely!  They are just the cutest.  The second miracle was on Saturday.  We had an appointment that fell through but we had a member with us, so we decided to go check on a refferal that the english elders had given us, always a little sketchy.  So we get there and these two jolly men named Orangel y Jorge let us right it.  We went in a chatted with them for almost two hours.  They are obessed with miracles and God and they just chatted our ears off.  We told them a little about the plan of salvation and eternal families and they were floored, they said that that is what they have always wanted.  They were awesome, and we invited them to the baptism that was going on at the church that night, because they both work at another church that happens to be at the same exact time...sad.  But then they came to the baptism, and loved it!  The boy who got baptized is named Luis, he is 17 and just the coolest.  He has such a strong testimony and just loves the gospel already. It was perfect!  

The funny for this week happened in a Mexican Restaurant called Pepes.  We are paying at the front, and just chatting with the little guys there (because we love to have the chats in spanish and then invite them all to church) and the guy asks me if I want to work there, and I say "no podemos porque somos misioneras(no we can't because we are missionaries)"...but he thought I said "no podemos porque somos prisioneras(no we can't because we are prisoners)", everyone was just staring at us all confused and then we all had a good laugh!  

The General Relief Society meeting also changed my life.  I still have some more pondering to do, but the main message I took away was love your sisters.  Use them, cherish them, serve them.  And I want so badly to be Christ-like enough that people can see him when they look at me.  They talked about how after baptism we are changed forever, and I want to live up to the covenants that I have made.  In one of the songs they sang one of the line was "I will live to serve the Lord".  I love that I really would love to be a missionary for the rest of my life.  Right now I truly am living to serve the Lord, and I want it to change me, change the rest of my life.  I know it is worth it, and I know it is the only smart thing to do.  This gospel is so happy and so true and so perfect!  

I love love love you all very much!  

con amor, Hermana Myer

No comments:

Post a Comment