Monday, March 31, 2014

email 3.24.14

This week was awesome, I mean it is always awesome.  But the sad news is we got transfers calls and Hermana Rosen is leaving me!  We were both a little broken up about it, but we know that God has his plan and his will for both of us and we have just been so grateful to be able to spend so much time together.  God is good, and he knows best.  So I will get my new compy comp tomorrow and then the new adventures will begin!
This week was awesome.  I just love working hard, and really seeing the Lords blessings.  

We went out to eat with the Sister Bennett and Silva (who we live with) for Sister Bennett's birthday, naturally we went to Pepe's, because we can't get enough mexican food.  But the point is I just realized how much I love speaking spanish.  I am so so so grateful that I have been able to learn spanish and embrace a whole new culture, and whole new group of humans, that I never fully appreciated before.  And also how fun that just because we speak spanish we have the opportunity to share the gospel with everyone that we can find that speaks spanish.  They always ask how we learn, and every time we get a potential investigator.  

We had Zone meeting on Friday and all the trainings came from the Mission Department who came and gave trainings to all the leadership earlier in the week.  It was awesome, it made me want to be a better missionary.  We talked a lot about planning and how key it is to plan in a way that is effective so that we can in turn teach effectively. 

This week I have been studying a lot about mourning with those who mourn.  I re-read all the talks from the last General Relief Society Meeting and it just made me want to be better.  I am trying to learn how to love more, more pure, to have charity, for everyone, always.  I just want Heavenly Father to use me to bless and love his children.  This week I have been thinking about how grateful I am for every soul that I have had the opportunity to teach.  We have so many awesome people that get put in our path.  Sometimes its hard to keep on keeping on when they don't respond the way we want, but it is worth it.  It is worth it to truly understand these things for myself.  I am so grateful to be a missionary.  

Okay our milagro this week was again with Christian.  First of all we got a ride home from the Zone meeting with President because he is our neighbor and we are running out of miles.  On the way home he asked if we wanted to stop and get something to eat.  We have been trying to find a way to stop by the restaurant where Christian's dad works so that we could talk to him and get his permission to teach and baptize Christian.  But the restaurant is way out of our area and we didn't know exactly where it even was.  But I decided this was the golden opportunity because we happened to be in the area that the restaurant was.  So I quick looked it up on President's Iphone (the real joy of instant technology)  and we went on our way.  When we got there we asked if Jose Ramirez was there, and the guy laughed and said which one because there was a few.  We gave him all the info we knew, and while we were eating he came out to meet us!  We explained to him who we were and what our purpose is, and how much we care about Christian.  He didn't exactly have any interest in us teaching him, but he gave us the permission that we need to teach Christian!  It was a miracle.  Later in the week we had an awesome lesson with Christian.  He told us that knows that Heavenly Father is listening to him when he prays and that he is excited to be baptized.  We about died.  We are not sure what happened because he didn't come to church yesterday, but we will see him today.  We have a little more ways to go with him, but it is always such a blessing to be able to see progression.  

Yesterday at church was an emotional day, all of us hermanas were in tears the whole time, and the elders just stared, it was classic.  Our bishop got released because he was called into the stake presidency and we had our last meeting with him.  I really love him, he has been such an example to me.  I have never seen someone have so much love for a group of people.  I guess its a bishop thing, I have just been able to see it really close up.  Also it was Hermana Carn's last week, and she has been in this area for like half her mission.  I am so sad to see her go.  She has been such an example to me and just really good at showing the love for everyone.  This new transfer is going to have some hard changes, but you know what that means, growing!  Yay!  

The funny for the week:  During our lesson with Christian I called him "hombrecito" when I asked him to say the prayer, which means "little man", and he got a really suprized look on his face, almost disgusted and looked at me and said, more like "hombrecote" which means "big man", and proceeded to say the prayer.  Just a classic 13-year-old boy.

I hope you all have the best week ever! I love love love you!  

xoxo Hermana Myer  

No comments:

Post a Comment