Wednesday, March 19, 2014

email 3.10.14

Nueve meses!


Thats right folks, I have officially completed nine months of my mission!  It was a bitter sweet day.  After being here for nine months I am thinking I am starting to get a hang of things, ex. the language, the food, the meetings, the missionary times.  But It is also sad to think that it is half way gone.  But we don't think about that!  

This week has been pretty calm here in Midlothian.  The weather is starting to improve, which makes for a very happy Hermana Myer.  Hopefully spring is on its way...pray for that, we need it!

This week has been a little slow, but we are working hard.  We have a new challenge for extending commitments, so implementing that has been fun.  We have been giving our investigators printed out assignment.  So we give them chapters/verses to read, with questions to ponder while reading.  We tell them to start with a prayer, read, answer the questions, pray again, read again, revise answers, and pray one last time.  This is all written out, and they have to write out there answers too.  It really helps them to really learn how to study the scriptures and apply them to their lives.  We are still in the beginning stages, but we have been busy trying to figure it all out.  

We had a few miracles this week.  On Thursday one of our members, Oralia fed us dinner.  She is the best cook in the whole world.  She made  us sopes, which is a corn tortilla, with the sides turned up like a little dish, with black re-fried beans, carne, lettuce, avocados, queso fresco, and salsa.  I think they are my favorite food I have eaten!  Anyway when we were eating with her she told us that we should go visit her friend/neighbor Teresa sometime.  Then a couple of days later we were in  the Wendy's parking lot, and we see a hispanic lady and her daughter walking through.  Then there is this super loud shooting sound, like a gun or something, and we all look around to see what happened.  Then I yelled out to her and said, whoa that scared me...but in spanish.  Then from there we naturally starting chatting with her.  And she invited us to pass by on Tuesday, turns out she is Teresa.  Turns out we really need to teach her!  

We have been working with the sweetest Lady, Corina, ever since we came to Midlothian.  She is from Guatemala, and the nicest lady.  We always have the best lessons with her.  She has so much faith, and is always reading and praying.  But she can't be baptized because she is not married.  And she has only come to church a couple of times, and that was way before we even got here.  So its been hard.  But we have kept working with her.  She missed our appointment during the week, so we decided to pass by on Saturday night to invite her to church.  Her son who is 17 opened the door and said that she was on the phone, and she couldn't talk to us, so we invited him to church, and he said they would be there, just like they say every time, and we went on our way.  But then when we walked into Sacrament meeting yesterday, there they were, the whole fam, sitting on the back row, and I about cried.  Her husband has not wanted anything to do with us, and she kept saying she wasn't coming to church because she wanted her whole family to go.  And for whatever reason, the stars aligned, and they all came.  It was the best ever.  She is the sweetest ever.  And Heavenly Father is real, and when we trust in him, anyone can get to church!  

This week I was studying in Mosiah 23 y 24.  They are some of my favorite chapters.  I love the story of how they are doing everything right, and the lord still chooses to give them tests and trials.  But he always delivers us from our afflictions.  In 24 vs. 15 it talks about cheerfully submitting to all the will of the lord.  Not just part of it, but all of it.  I just had a revelation that whatever is happening on my mission, if I am teaching alot, or not, or where I am, or my companion, all of it is the will of the Lord, and I need to submit to it ALL, cheerfully.  Sometimes its hard, but he always delivers us.  

Yesterday in young womens we had the most awesome lesson on the Atonement.  I realized how very very very short this life it.  And How I really want to make the most out of it.  We have so many opportunities to be better, to help others to be better, and in the end to return back to our Heavenly Father.  Our Savior has made it possible for us to repent, to be clean, and he really does know every single thing we feel.  I love him very much, and I am so grateful for his love for me.  

I hope you all have a great week.  Read your scriptures, keep praying.  I love love love you!

love, Hermana Myer

No comments:

Post a Comment