Tuesday, February 18, 2014

email 2.10.14

Hola mi familia!

I must start out with the fact that this week is Valentine's Day week, and I couldn't be happier.  I think Valentines Day is my third Favorite Holiday, behind 4th of July, and Christmas is first, duh.  But none the less I love love, and this week I am going to wear Red and pink all week and I even have pink nails, so happy love!  

Also me and mana Rosen are staying in Chesterfield!  yaya! we had transfer calls yesterday, and we were a little on edge, but God is real, and loves us, and has more work for us do to together, and we are Thrilled!  

This past week has been great!  For whatever reason the work has been a little bit slower, but all the more faith building experiences, so hurrah for those!  We really do love those.  
Things are going swimmingly with Norma and Manuel.  I really love them.  They are learning so fast, and they truly want to know.  They are truly searching, and they just get it.  We had two awesome lessons with them this week and brought the Relief Society President to one and the Elders Quorm president to the other.  This ward rocks at friend-shipping and coming out to lessons.  I just want them to feel as much love as possible, and help them to feel their Saviors love too.  They couldn't come to church yesterday because Manuel got super sick, but they are still on their way!  

On Tuesday we had our spanish meeting, witch is always the best.  It is a special meeting just for spanish missionaries.  We have training and talk specifically about our work, and also we get to see all of our friends!  It was the best.  Everyone is doing well, and Hermana Sevilla y McBride had great news for me!  Ivan is getting baptized on the 22nd of February!  He is the one that lives with Flor y Jose, and his sister is a member, and I just couldn't be happier for him.  He is one of my investigators that I was really able to start seeing the change in him, and the happiness that the gospel was bringing, and i was super sad when I left.  But it is all good!  

I read this awesome talk this week that Sheri Dew gave at BYU once upon a time, and it changed my life.   READ IT!  http://speeches.byu.edu/?act=viewitem&id=984
I have been thinking/learning/studying alot about our potential, and how great it really is.  We have been chosen to be here, to share the gospel, to be the Servants of the Lord.  I have just had my eyes opened to how much we can achieve, and need to achieve.  Sometimes I get worried that I am not doing everything I can to live up to that potential.  But I think realizing how much I am capable of, and how much my Heavenly Father loves me is the first step to trying to reach my potential.  Its funny, I have known these things forever, but its just starting to make sense.  I love thinking about the fact that was divinly created and put on this earth for specific purposes, and now I just need to work my tail off to figure those out and do what i need to do.  And we really do have all the things on earth to help us figure that out.  por ejemplo, scriptures, prophets, church, prayer, and mostly patriarchal blessings.  How lucky are we to have all these things.  Mind.  Blown.  Also read these scriptures. Romans 8:16,17, 2Tim 1:9.  

Yesterday we had ward Correlation as usual before church, it was the one Sunday of the Month that all the auxiliary leaders and all the missionaries meet together.  It was truly a sacred experience.  We didn't talk too much about missionary work, but we talked about families in the ward that were struggling in one way or another.  The spirit was there, and you could feel the love that all of these leaders have for these people.  They are all so involved in so many people's lives, and wanting to serve to badly.  It was so neat to be a part of that meeting, and to really feel a part of the Lord's work.  The ability to love love love every human is really a God given gift, and I am so grateful for it.  And I am grateful that I have these awesome examples to look too to know how to do it.  

We are so busy, and so happy.  I love being a missionary.  And I love you all very much.  I know that the Lord has his plan for each of us.  Have the best week ever, filled with lots of love!  

xoxo Hermana Riley Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment