Saturday, February 1, 2014

email 1.27.14

Hola!

We had another great week!  This one was a little more rough that we have had together, but all so good, we have been able to see so many miracles! 

First of all is is FREEZING, well not today, but last week it was.  It snowed one day, and stayed on the ground for 4 days after and it was just bitterly cold.  They do freak out about the snow and the cold, and when I say snow i mean like maybe 3 inches....and the closed all of the schools all week!  It was nuts.  But it was really cold.  What I learned this week was that my cute little hispanics don't even open the doors when it is cold.  So that made for a hard week.  You would think that they would just let us right in, but it has been quite the opposite.  Kinda funny if you think about it!  We only had to stay in one night, when it was actually snowing, so that was good.
Like I said, the week was filled with miracles.  Our investigators, Manuel y Norma are progressing like crazy.  We were able to see them 4 times last week and they came to church again for the second week in a row!  We couldn't be happier.  He told us how grateful he is for us for helping him understand where he came from, what he purpose is, and what is going to happen to him after this life.  He was thanking us for the peace and the tranquility that we bring to his house.  I about cried.  That is exactly what we want to do as missionaries, so to hear someone recognize that and feel it and need it, it was one of the highlights of my mission.  

We also had a really awesome district meeting this week.  We talked all about Charity, and how it really is something that we need to pray for.  I know that i need to dedicate more time and effort into praying for charity. But hermana rosen brought up a good point, she  said that sometimes what we really need to do is recognize the opportunities that we are given to be charitable.  That night we had an appointment with a less active member, and I got to put all my new knowledge to the test.  He was really angry, not with us, but with the church.  As I tried to not be frustrated, I just prayed and prayed and prayed to have charity for this man and try and understand his needs.  I am so grateful for the Savior and for the Charity that he lets us borrow from him, because I really always need it.  

Last night we had one of the best nights!  Yesterday in church they changed the whole young womens and relief society presidencies.  It was a very emotional day for everyone, they had been the same for about 5 years, so you know how that goes.  But one of our Recent Converts, Sandra got called to be the 1st counselor in the relief society.  We are just so happy for her!  She was baptized about 7 months ago and is just on fire.  She really is an inspiration and we love her.  We visit her every week still and they are some of my favorite times.  She just gets it, and she has so much faith and trust in Heavenly Father.  Last night we went over and talked to her a little bit about her new calling and shared a scripture.  And then she started talking to us about he desires for an eternal family.  She has two kids, who are the best, and she is just wanting that next step.  So naturally we tell her to first trust in the lord and in his timing and in his plan, and secondly we make her an LDS singles account.  She was so excited!  It was the best.  

This week I have been studying about repentance some more.  Sometimes I get scared and a little overwhelmed, that maybe I am not doing everything that I need to be doing.  Or maybe I don't remember all of the things that I need to repent for.  I always need to remind myself of how merciful Heavenly Father is.  I have been praying to receive that confirmation that I am doing what my Heavenly Father would have me too, that he is proud of me.  And I have felt an overwhelming amount of Love.  He really does know us and he really does know what we need.  I know that as long as we keep trying and trying and trying, that we will receive the blessings that we are promised. 

Alyse and Mckenna- thank you for you letters, it is always the best week when I get letters from my sisters.  I love you two.  Thank you for your love and support. 

love, Hermana Riley Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment