Wednesday, April 30, 2014

email 4.7.14

This has been quite the week, I have so much to tell you about, but I don't want to bore you all to death!  I am sorry if I have done that with my emails, I just realized they are kinda long...oops.  But there is just so much good stuff happening always.  Also so many milagros!
This week Hermana Stapley and Hermana Chambers had their birthday on the same day, and they are companions, and we all got invited to a surprise lunch for them with the Ramos family, who are just the biggest hoot.  In honor of their birthday, and the fact that we are missionaries, Jorge, the one and only bought us all, yes all, new shoes.  I forgot to take a picture, but I will send one next week!  Priceless!  They are real gems.  It was also Sister Silva's birthday, so naturally we made her a pink camoflage cake.  We also made an appearance at Jeffrey's birthday (five year old son of a recent convert) and played soccer outside, because it was 80 degrees outside!  Whooohooo!  I was grateful because I love birthdays and I love celebrating, and I especially love suprises!  

So I had a revelation this week, real mission-changing, eye opener.  So We started teaching two more families with little kids recently, the Reyes (three girls ages 8, 11, 14) and the Delgados (two boys 9 and 11).  In my mission I have always joked that I just teach children, and can't seem to connect with adults.  Which is not entirely true, but all my recent converts have been under the age of 11, and Cristian will bring it up to 13 this weekend!  Which by the way as a sidenote, Cristian is getting baptized, and we couldn't be happier.  He came to conference yesterday and agreed to have his interview between sessions, and it all went swimmingly.  We are just so happy for him. We still have to work out some timing details, and plan the whole thing, so this week is going to be nuts, but so good!  Any who, as I was saying, I am just always teaching the ninos, and I had the idea in my mind, that that wasn't a super productive thing to do for some reason.  But then I had a revelation, that it is the perfect thing to do, the ninos need it too, sometimes even more.  Christ spent so much time with them, loving them, teaching them, blessing them.  And me too!  I remember that almost all my best friends at home are ninos, my soul sisters Eliza and Rebecca mainly, and they are going to grow up one day.  They all will, and they will all have a firm foundation if I can but just help them understand simple truths.  I am so happy, I am so grateful that my Heavenly Father has blessed me with so many sweet little spirits to work with and influence.  I love my ninos so much.  So Cristian will bring it up to 13 years old, and then May 10th his best friend Ruben will bring it up to 16 years old!  So I am getting into youth now too!  

Conference changed my life.  Also the fact that Cristian and Ruben both came and listened and took notes made it that much better!  But mostly my life has been changed.  There are too many things that influenced me to talk about all of them.  But one I especially loved was by Dieter F. Uchtdorf about gratitude.  I love how he talked about making gratitude a way of life, and not letting anything be dependent on it.  Our circumstances should never affect our gratitude.  Sometimes we even express gratitude for blessings we haven't received yet, and that is the hardest kind!  But it is so good, it is so sweet.  Hermana Rosen and I had a couple of hard weeks, work wise.  We were just striking out and getting dropped and no one was really progressing.  It was hard, but then we realized how silly we were being and tried to focus on everything we did have, all the people we were teaching, and tried to put our efforts totally on them.  And you know what happened, we were blessed.  We saw things differently, we grew, we loved everyone more.  I loved Richard G. Scotts talk about love.  How if we can help God's children have confidence in our love it will in turn help them have confidence in the love that their Father in Heaven has for them.  I started making lists of how I could love specific investigators more, how I could really show them the Saviors love.  Before conference I had a list of about 8 questions, and I have never before received such direct answers to all of my questions.  I am so grateful for our prophet, for his love for us, and for his comforting words and guidance.  

Also there is an article about being happy in the Ensign this month, and it changed my life, everyone read it, and then look up all the scriptures in the Topical guide under happiness/happy, and you will just have to be happy!  https://www.lds.org/ensign/2014/04/young-adults/lasting-happiness?lang=eng

Funny for the week:  We had FHE with the mendez family on Monday night and we made them play charades with gospel words of coarse.  It was Pinky's turn and he grabbed a butterfly stuffed animal and held it up and gently brought it down on his head.  Immediatly Hermana Mendez screams "ESPIRITU SANTO!!!"(holy ghost), and we all die laughing, it was descending like a dove.  

I am grateful for prayer this week, for being close to the spirit.  Don't forget to say your prayers, be kinds, and to love each other!  

con amor, Hermana Myer


No comments:

Post a Comment