Wednesday, April 30, 2014

email 4.21.14

Mi familia! 

This week was awesome.  We prepared all week/taught all week about the Resurrection of Jesus Christ, and it was so good.  We showed the "Because of Him" video to everyone that we possibly could.  I think I have it memorized, and it is perfect.  I hope you have all watched it, and watch it everyday.  I love the end where it talks about us being able to have new beginnings and blank pages.  I love my Savior, and I know that I am only happy because of him.  So I am happy, and I never want to stop being a missionary, or stop having so much of my day be focused on Christ.  I love how I feel.  And I truly want others to feel that too!
We have some of the most awesome members ever.  It was spring break here and on Tuesday Kathy (12 yrs old)  wanted to come out with us all day, so we picked her up at 10:45am and brought her back at 9:00pm.  She was so excited, to do everything.  We had some appointments, some less actives, ran into a bunch of Elders at Chicken Fiesta, knocked some doors, talked to some locos, picked up some supplies from the office, made some Easter Treats, and even prayed a million times.  She love love loved it!  She was just so happy, and we were so happy to have her with us.  

We also had a lesson with Cristian this week, and he is feeling a lot better.  He committed to being baptized on May 10th with Ruben, his bff, and is getting excited again.  We are working with them, guiding them, and they are really starting to get it.  So so so happy about them.  


I went on and exchange with Hermana Stapley and it was exactly what I needed.  Hermana Stapley is one of those people that just exudes happiness.  She is just light and lovely and happy and such a good missionary.  People are glued to her, they listen so intently, and they believe her when she says she loves them, and they want to do what she askes them to.  She is a real angelita.  

Our two cute little boys who we are teaching Wilmer (11) and Jordy (9) received their answer about the Book of Mormon being true and Joseph Smith being a Prophet, and this being the true church.  They were so excited to tell us that they had received their answer.  Wilmer had a dream, where Heavenly Father told him that everything was true, and he was just so happy.  I want to be Hispanic, they always receive revelation through dreams, so I am working on it.  They are awesome, we have to work more with their family, but they just get it.  So that was fun.  

Also we had a brake though with Elba, the mom of our Recent convert Korina (14)  She has been taught for forever, and since I ahve been here i haven't felt like she has really warmed up to us.  We have been teaching her consistently, but finally this week she opened up and made us homemade tortillas and everything.  Miracles are real.  I love her so much.  

Also we made Easter Treat!  And they turned out so cute.  We also dyed eggs with Kathy and Jeffrey, and caught a glance of the Best Two Years.  So all in all it has been a great week.  

Funny for the week:  When we were out with Kathy we were looking for the house of a potential and I went the wrong way, so I went to do a u-turn in a neighborhood and overestimated my turning radius, so I asked hermana Heibert to get out of the car to back me up (because every time you reverse in a mission car your compy comp has to get out and stand behind you to make sure you don't ram into anyone or anything) and right as she was opening the door a car came flying around the corner, so me and mana Heibert start screaming "EMERGENCY BACK UP!!!!" Kathy is dying laughing and we are all screaming, but don't worry everything turned out just fine and Kathy learned a lesson about appropriate exceptions!  

I love love love you all very much, read Alma 36:37, its one of my new favorites as of this morning. 

xoxo Hermana Riley Jane 


No comments:

Post a Comment