Wednesday, April 30, 2014

email 4.28.14

This week was all kinds of everything.  The very best of the best, and also super challenging.  I have really been feeling sick this week with my stomach, and I even had to stay in a take a couple naps which kills me more than anything.  But we had some huge milagros all at the same time!
On Tuesday we had a hard day.  It was just hard!  I don't want to sound like a whiner, but it was just one of those days.  We had our lesson with Cristian and Ruben and it just didn't go too well, and anywho I was just feeling sick and tired.  Our last appointment was with Korina and Said (recent converts 14 and 9) and their family to have a family home evening.  We have been teaching Elba, their mom the whole time I have been here and I love her so much.  We were a little late to the lesson and when we walked in she was making tortillas.  I was like Hermana, why are you making dinner so late?  and She was like Hermana, because you have never had Balleadas (dont know how to spell it but it means bullets in spanish and it is traditional from Honduras) and you said how you wanted to try them.  I started crying right there in the kitchen and she hugged me and it was a real live mom hug and she told me that she was my mom and to sit down and eat, just like any good mom would.  She was the answer to my prayers, just the little act of love that I needed.  And It was perfect, and God is real. 

On Wednesday we attempted to get Cristian and Ruben to go to a baptism, but they wanted to jugar, so that was sad.  All our plans fell though, so we knocked doors for 2 hours, with no success.  BUT then on the way back to the car i was singing and a very nice man with dreads yelled at us and told us that he was having a bad day and we seemed like we could share something with him that would make him happy, so we did, and he was happy, and we were happy.  His name is RJ, he is going to get baptized.  

On Saturday was our second chance to get Cristian and Ruben to see a baptism, so we called every one in the ward to find someone to give them a ride, prepped them, set their alarms with them, the whole 9 yards.  And would you even guess it, they came to the baptism, and they loved it, they felt the spirit, and so did we.  It was awesome.  It was a miracle.  

Yesterday at church we had two new potential investigators randomly show up, that both live in our area, God literally just handed them to us.  

This week I have been studying Elder Bednar's talks to prep for when he comes this weekend.  I have been working on faith and prayer.  So simple, but so powerful, and exactly what I needed this week.  He knows what we need.  He loves us.  I love to be a missionary!  I love you all very much!!!  Have the best week. Be happy!  


love, Hermana Riley Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment