Tuesday, January 7, 2014

email 1.6.13


Mi familia! 
 
I am almost too happy to write right now!  I am serious, God loves me and that is for real. 
 
So the beginning of the week was nutso, we were trying to pack and clean and organize and say goodbye, and it was new years and all those shenanigans.  But it was great times.  I love Harrisonburg, and all my cute members.  I was sad to say goodbye, but ready for some change.  I think I was most sad to say goodbye to Joshua, Flors son, he is my bff and knows my name (the only missionary) and gives me besitos and is the cutest.  But we visted them, of corse, and mostly everyone.  We had a fun zone p-day where we tryed to make a fire and roast mallows, but it was too windy so we used the stove.  It was fun to see all my little missionaries before the change. 
 
So TRANSLADOS!  Hi.  They called on sunday night to tell us we were moving, but this time they didnt tell us who with or when until the transfer meeting (usually they call agian on tuesday).  So I was freaking out.  Mostly just had a pit in my stomache.  I mean I knew the Lord would send me where I needed to go and all that jazz, but it was just nerve wracking.  So we got to the meeting and we were singing and all that and President starts calling out companionships...and the second to last one was..."Going to Chesterfield...Hermana Rosen and Hermana Myer"...we both about screamed and DIED.  I was so happy.  Also maybe shed a tear.  And that is how it happend.  The Girlz are back! 
 
We couldn't be happier.  We are in Chesterfield, which is in Downtown Richmond.  I think we are actually called the Midlothian Hermanas...because there are 4 sets of missionaries in the WARD, thats right, a real live ward filled with the cutest little hispanics!  And clearly we are White Washing the area, Kam was in Stafford before, so that is a little nuts.  Our area is HUGE.  Our ward covers 2 Stakes, and our area is the biggest...so it is a big change.  But it is so so so exciting.  There is so much work going on here and there are so many members!  We also live really close to President and the Mission Office so thats fun.  Also we live in this cute little blue house, with a set of English Sisters. 
 
We have been trying to get aquainted with all of our members and also learn the area.  We have done a ton of mapping and that kind of stuff.  And a ton of progress record reading, which is always good.  It is so weird just swooping in on someone elses missionary work, but it is exciting!  We have some really great people to start working with and also some new potentionals that we picked up along the way. 
 
Church was a little bit crazy, there are just so so so many people.  It will take a while to meet everyone and start getting names dowm, but it will all be great!  We also have some awesome missionaries in our ward.  We have the sister training leaders, Hermana Carn y Hermana Walis, the Zone Leaders, Pedraza y Perrault, and my friend Elder Burbank again, and his compy Elder Grange.  We are just so happy! 
 
White Washing an area is a little tricker than I had imagined, but Hermana Rosen is the best missionary.  She is just so organized and ready to work and we are on the same page, and having the time of our lives.  Missionary work is the best and having her with the same goals as me, makes everything so much better!  Also the miracle of all miracles is that we have been able to understand everyone that has talked to us.  Lessons and contacting and members, all that Jazz.  I was a little worried, but the Lord really does bless you when you need to be blessed.  I am so grateful for this opportunity to work hard and to love everyone.  And I am so grateful for Hermana Rosen, I couldn't imagine anyone better to do this work with.  Happy happy new year! 
 
Sorry for all that info, but like I said, I am just so happy. 
 
I hope you all have been making your goals, and I am happy to hear that life is getting back to a routine.  That is always good.  You guys are such an inspiration to me to keep working to be happy to just do what the lord would have me too.  Thank you for your love and support always!  I hope you have the best week! 
 
xoxo Hermana Myer
 
Also PS Hermana McBride took my place in Harrisonburg!  So Hermana Sevilla is training her and she is sleeping in my bed!  

No comments:

Post a Comment