Tuesday, January 7, 2014

email 12/30/13

New year, yew me!

Hola mi familia!

Last week was the very very very best!  It was the best Christmas ever!  And the very best part was being able to talk to you!  It made me so happy to feel like I was just there in the kitchen with all my favorite people.  Mostly it was just good to remember how much you guys love me!  Also I have been reading my flat Riley book every day, it makes me so happy to see all my friends and family.  And also it is just hilarious that you guys romped all over and took pictures with it.  I love you!

After Christmas we were all exhausted, for the following three days every lunch and dinner hour we were all three napping, it was pretty funny, but we are back to normal now.  Also we started running again in the morning which has really been helping in all kinds of ways.  

Don't you worry dad, I have already started thinking of goals and writing them down.  Crazy that I will be a missionary almost all next year.  After I am done I will send you a copy so you can help me be accountable, I mean its no OHOP breakfast, but it will have to do.  We need to do that when I get home, I miss that!  

I am getting transferred!!! I am so so so sad to leave da burg, I really love it here.  I have my cute little members and investigators.  But change is good and I am excited.  I won't find out until Thursday where i am going and who my  new compy comp will be!  

We have been teaching Luis y Mirta like crazy.  They are progressing and changing and they are just so happy.  They are the older cuban couple and we love them, and they love us.  We taught them Word of Wisdom this week and set up a plan for them.  They have been smoking for the past 50 years...so it is going to be a process.  But they want to stop!  I am just so happy.  We also met their son, Rye, and he is hilarious he is here for a few months and he is a hair dresser.  I think I am going to have him cut my hair!  

Also we found Miguelito!  It was the happiest day...he had moved and got a new phone and hadnt called him, but finally we found him when we were visiting our Puerto Rican investigators.  I about cried and we took a picture so that is good news.  Hermana Sevilla is going to keep teaching him, so hurray!  

I am so excited for the new year!  There are just so many options and ways to grow.  I just want to be a a better human.  I am working on it!  Thank you for being the best family on the planet.  I love love love you all! 

love, Hermana Myer!

No comments:

Post a Comment