Sunday, January 19, 2014

email 1.13.14

Hola!

Dad!  I am so glad you got my letter on your birthday, and it sounds like you had the dream day.  You have good friends, and there is nothing like having two breakfasts!  

Mom, I got the package, the slip is perfect!  Thank you thank you thank you!  I do have a few requests for you and dad.  First of all, if you and dad and whoever could send me some of your favorite conference talks, printed out, I would love that.  Also some information on the women in the Old Testament, I guess how they are inspiring.  I started reading the Bible and it is a little nuts.  I am trying to make sense of it, and Mana Rosen is reading it at the same time, which is good, so we discuss alot.  But We are trying to find the spiritual messages!  So any ideas with that would be great.  And one more thing, I have this book at home, it is a personality test called Enneogram, I think, It is a light yellow cover with a blue face on it.  If you can locate that, that would be the best.  

This week has been awesome.  We have finally met all of our investigators and started making plans and preparing for them.  It has been a little weird, because we really don't know them super well, but it is the best!  And I already love them all.  We have one investigator who is on date to be baptized, she is 14 and the niece of one of our recent converts-Sandra, her name is Daniela, and she is the sweetest.  We are working with her, trying to see her more often during the week and all that Jazz.  We are also teaching a mother and a daughter from peru, Laurdes y Gaby.  Gaby is best friends with Daniela and Laurdes is best friends with Sandra.  So there is friend-shipping all around.  Gaby and Laurdes are the most united mother daughter I have ever seen.  They are so humble and love the Book of Mormon.  Sandra, the recent convert is just on fire, loving the gospel and has two cute little kids and a bird named Nelson (after the apostle).  

We started getting to know people, but there are just so many, slowly but surly, we are getting there.  They feed us here, so it is a good way to get to know the members! 

We had our zone meeting last week, which was like an hour away.  Our zone is the largest geographically in the mission, so yikes.  But it was an awesome zone meeting.  We talked about goals and visions and all those shenanigans, very inspiring.  Also President Wilson came, which was new, because we are literally neighbors with him, so I guess down here we will see him alot more often.  

Which reminds me, we had dinner on Saturday night with President and Sister Wilson.  They invited us over, and it was so much fun.  They are just hilarious.  It was neat to have that time to get to know them better as humans, and Mana Rosen and I just had a wee of a time.  We were all laughing the whole time, and we also gave them a little training on talking to Hispanics.  Mostly taught them how to say they were from the church and give them a card in Spanish and then they give you their information, its a great little system.  

We have been getting more used to the area and figuring things out a little bit more.  We also did some tracting for the English sisters and it was way rough.  First of all is was pouring rain, which by the way it does here all the time, and no one even pretended to listen to us.  But we sang Spanish songs and had a lovely time.  

We also had a crazy lesson with this Evangelical guy who was trying to teach us, and it was kind of nuts.  But we had this fuerte member with us who just bore her testimony and we got out of there right quick.  But it was the good mems.  

Also I gave a real live talk yesterday!  In Espanol!  It was very real, 20 mins long, called on Saturday, the whole 9 yards.  It was about members and missionary work.  And I had to wing it a little.  But it ended up going pretty well!  I am starting to feel more comfortable conversing in spanish. and Mostly i am so grateful that I was called spanish speaking!  

I still love being a missionary.  We work hard, and we are tired, but it is just so so so good.  I love my savior so very much, and I just want to do what he would have me do.  Thank you for your love.  I need you guys.  I hope you have the best week! 

xoxo Mana Myer

No comments:

Post a Comment