Tuesday, January 7, 2014

email 12.23.13

Mi familia-

I hope you both received my little Christmas packages!  I have received all of your mom, and Alyse, and I am feeling very spoiled.  We listened to Maddy's Cd, which was awesome, ate Caramel, and yes, I am waiting to open the rest, you know how I am.  Even the one from My Publisher came, so thank you thank you thank you!  

This time of year really is the happiest.  I have been enjoying this Christmas season very very much.  It is so unique to be a missionary during Christmas, everything takes on a little bit more meaning.  

This week has been craziness, on Tuesday we had our Christmas mission conference so we were gone all day in Richmond.  It was the best meeting I have ever been too.  There were a bunch of short talks on Christ-like attributes and after every talk there was a musical number.  It was beautiful.  It is so great to be able to learn from the elders and sisters that I serve with every day, and to share in their testimonies.   I got to see my Hermana George for the last time before she leaves, which was sad, we cried.  And also all my other missionary friends.  They are all just so good, and make me want to be better.  I love being a missionary.  

This week we were running around like chickens with our heads cut off, it was crazy.  We are in a trio now so we are covering two areas, and we appointments every hour of the day.  So its good, but busy.  Also I got sick on Tuesday night with a sinus/ears/throat/cough/cold, which was just lovely.  I couldn't really sleep at night, which was the worst.  But I am much better today.  I have been inhaling emergen' c, so that seemed to help.  

Yesterday the happiest thing happened.  We have our cute cuban investigators, Luis y Mirta, they are this older couple and we have been teaching them for a while now.  When we first found them Luis was reading the Book of Mormon like crazy, and loving it.  But they both have really bad health, and it was hard to make appointments with them with all their doctors appointments and he was working.  But he has been having a problem with his eye and had to stop working and also can't see, and he had a couple of surgeries.  So we have been teaching them more, and he is getting better.  And yesterday they came to church!  I was so happy, and they loved it.  We had a Christmas program with tons of hymns and stuff, and they both loved it.  Luis said that when he starts working again he is going to buy a suit so that he can come to church.  I about died.  This week has been hard, we have been dropped/ignored by a bunch of people and yesterday made it all worth it.  They came to church, received the good word, and felt the spirit.  Best. Day. Ever.  

We also had our Cena de Navidad, which was big success.  We had so much food and almost everyone was there!  Even one of our investigators, Jesus!  I was just so happy, I think the whole rama is beginning to understand how much I love Christmas, and hugs, and besitos.  But really, I am so happy.  

I know that my Savior Lives, and I know that he died for me.  I am trying my hardest to be more like him every day, and I know that is all he asks.  I have a simple faith, but it keeps me going.  I just want to help other people have the same happiness that I have.  I love you all very much and I am grateful for your example to me.  I am so excited to talk to you on Christmas!  Get ready for some tears of joy!  You are the best family in the whole wide world.  

xoxo Hermana RileyJane

No comments:

Post a Comment