Tuesday, October 29, 2013

email 10.28.13


Mi familia! 
This week has been nuts, again, I am starting to realize that this is the way it is going to be, but I love it, I love being busy.  Turns out we did have bed bugs...it was a nightmare!  We had to wash everything EVERTHING, and if we couldn't wash it we had to put it in bags for a week, so we are still not put back together.  But the good news is they exterminated those pesky little guys!  We also had an adventure at the Laundromat, and even found some potentials...so hurray! 
I didn't get your package, so hopefully it comes today!  I am excited, packages are the BEST.  Sweet Sister McCraney sent me a Halloween package this week, it was the best.  And thank you for sending the insurance info...I don't know what happened to the copy that I had in the MTC, but I have it now, so that is great.  I still haven't talked to the doctor about sleeping, but I probably should soon because this week I have really been exhausted. 
This week has been full of answers to prayers.  Last week I was struggling with feeling like a "successful missionary", it is sometimes hard when things fall through, people to come to church...ect!  I just really want someone to really want this gospel.  But we had an awesome district meeting last week and I made the resolve to talk to everyone...and just keep doing everything in my power, and praying, and it worked!  When I say everyone, I mean everyone, even people that speak English!  It is really fun times. 
So back to prayer...One of the other sets of sisters lost their keys at the district meeting, they thought they locked them in the car, but we started searching just in case.  We stopped, said a prayer, and found them in the trash can in the bathroom...simple experience, but powerful.  We asked to know where to find them, and he told us.  We all cried...its been an emotional week. 
Yesterday we decided that we were really going to do everything in our power to help our investigators come to church (the past two weeks no one has come), drastic times call for drastic measures...so we decided to hang out on Norwood (the hood, where the majority of our investigators live) and get everybody moving.  It was the best, just going from door to door, helping with kids, picking out outfits, sharing a scripture here and there...it was so much fun.  Although, by the time we got to church, we were exhausted!  But it was worth it.  Maria was there, and she participated, and we had an awesome lesson in Relief Society about strong women and how we can influence the world, and she loved it!  Moral of the story is, we literally did everything we could, prayed, and the lord made up the difference! 
I know that Heavenly Father answers our prayers, it is up to us if we use the resource or not!  This week has been great, things are starting to roll.  Life is good.  I love you all very very much, thank you for always thinking of me.  Don't forget to be missionaries! 
xoxo Riley Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment