Wednesday, October 16, 2013

email 10.13.14


Mi Familia-
 
It sounds like you have been having great adventures in Utah, it all sounds like the best of times!  I am so happy for Uncle Aaron, he deserves it.  Kenna sounds like a regular old college kid!  And I can't wait to see Ryder at Christmas! 
 
This week has been great!  I am still here in Harrisonburg, but everything has changed!  I have the most awesome new companion, her name is Hermana Sevilla, she is from Mexico/Arizonia, and she is the funnest.  We have already had some pretty good gut rolls, and also matched outfits, so you know it was a match made in Heaven.  This week was crazy.  We were running around trying to say goodbye to everyone for Hermana George, and cleaning, and packing, and all that good stuff.  It was sad.  As we were visiting everyone I started to feel really overwhelmed, just a lot of responsibility to know the area and the people and the investigators and all that good stuff.  On Thursday we went down to Charlottesville to drop off and pick up companions.  I got to see Hermana Olsen, she is serving in Charlottesville now, so that was the best!  And then Friday we had weekly planning which took forever, but it is good now, everything is starting to be normal. 
 
On Wednesday it started raining, and it still hasn't stopped, so that makes everything exciting.  Thank you for sending the jackets, It has been freezing all week!  And I loved the one from Costco, so I will send yours back to you.  Thank you thank you thank you!  And Thank you for the water bottle, it is all I ever dreamed it would be!
 
This week I started reading Jesus The Christ.  It is huge, and uses a lot of big words, but I am loving it.  This morning I was reading about our need for a Redeemer, how Christ is part of the plan.   Our Heavenly Father knew that we would not be able to do it on our own, he knew that we would fall, but he gave us the hand to help us get back up.  It talked about how Christ was the only candidate to be the redeemer, he is the only one without sin, and who literally had the ability to keep his life (unlike us, we are subject to death) and the ability to give it up for our sakes.  Sometimes the atonement is hard for me to understand, but I am loving learning all about Christ. 
 
We have found some new people to teach this week, which is always exciting.  Last night we passed by some potential investigators and had an awesome lesson with them.  They are this cute older couple from Cuba, who are political refugees.  We just talked about God's love for us, and how we can strengthen our relationship with him.  They have had some pretty rough times, but they are here now trying to figure out life.  I love them so much.  This morning we went to the Eye Doctor with them to help translate, which was exciting.  Lucky that I have Hermana Sevilla, because I have no idea how to say Retina en Español! 
 
Tell Grandpa and Grandma to come visit me!  That would be the best ever!  I will send them an email! 
 
I love being a missionary, I love sharing the gospel, and more than anything I just love talking to people.  Getting to know them.  I think I love more people than I every thought I could.  It is the best!  I love you all very much, thank you for your love and support!  I hope you have a great week.    
 
xoxo Hermana Myer

No comments:

Post a Comment