Wednesday, September 4, 2013

email 9.4.13

Mi familia!

Hola!  Monday was Labor day so the library was closed, and yesterday we had appointments all day long, so Wednesday it is!  All is well in Harrisonburg, glad to see you guys didnt think I was dead!  Anyways as always so much has happened, and it sounds like you guys have been really busy too!  

Kennas room looks so cute!  You need to write me a letter and tell me all the details, how was church and classes and the scoot and mostly my beloved provo?!?  And I need pictures of Chad and Alyse's new house, I will cut you some slack, but I always look forward to those...hint hint.  Tell me everything!  

Mom, how are you feeling now that the craziness is over?  Recooperating?  House feel empty?  I hope youre okay, you should get a massage or something...that's what I would do.  You're still going to that gym right?  

Dad, Thanks for the pictures, that looks like the very best of times!  Also thanks for being the best dad ever.  

Alright so the past week and a half has been craziness.  Last week we had transfers, and the very sad news is that Hermana Olsen left us for Mechanicville.  It was hard for us.  We did have a set of sisters move into our apartment and another set put in a new apartment, so that is fun.  It is good to have some new people to mix it up.  Actually we got a lot of new people and they created a new zone. Elder Burbank left too, he was in the spanish branch with us, but he had been here for 9 months...so it was his time.  So that was sad too.  But the start of a new transfer feels good.

We had Darlin and Yuleilis baptism on Saturday, and it was the best.  It was a little bumpy, but the most important thing is that they were baptized.  And pretty much the whole rama was there.  It was so much fun, everyone brought food and stayed after for a long time.  We even had an investigator there, Ever.  He is the best.  The look on their faces after they came up, were priceless, they were just beaming.  I love them so very much!  

We had an awesome miracle this week too.  We received a reference from someone in Waynesboro, it was for a members boyfriend who only speaks spanish.  So we went to knock the door and the member answered the door but it was really awkward and she didn't want us to teach him...so we decided might as well knock a few doors and see whats around there.  So the next door we knock and this cute little hispanic answers the door and before I could say "somos misionaras..." he was like "PASEN ADELANTE". (come in).  I was a little taken aback, but hey why not.  So we start chatting and he tells us that he has been in America for 2 months and has been praying to find a church to go to. His name is Paulo and he is from El Salvador and he said that there are a ton of LDS churches where he is from and so he knew we must be good!  YES, we are, we just have to help him know why now!  We had the first lesson with him and taught him about the restoration.  He had a ton of questions, which was a little scary for me, but hey thats better than none.  When he said the closing prayer he asked for Heavenly Father to open his heart and to be able to know as he reads if the Book of Mormon is true.  What more could we ask for?  He rocks.  

Anyways this week has been crazy, all good, but crazy.  I have been working on forgetting about myself, and boy is that harder than I imagined.  I realized how much of my thoughts were on myself, even if I was thinking about a lesson that we had with someone all I was thinking about is what I said and if my spanish was understanble, and yadda yadda yadda!  I felt so silly, but it is hard to switch your mindset completely.  Sometimes I find myself making excuses like "thats just they way I am"  or "thats how I do things"  or "thats how I feel", but really I am nobody, without my Savior, so why would I try to be different than him?  Just a thought.  Trying to be more Christ-like, trying to love more, trying to understand more, mostly just trying to be a good human.  

Thank you for your letters, I love to know what is going on in your lives!  You are the best ever!  

xoxo Hermana Myer!

No comments:

Post a Comment