Wednesday, September 18, 2013

email 9.16.13

Family!

It is always so good to hear from all of you.  Alyse and Chad- Thank you for the letter and all the pictures.  Everything looks really good, I am glad that you guys had mom and dad there to help you out!  Luke and Kenna sound like you are having quite the adventures starting new schools and trying to figure out your new lives!  That is just so fun.  

This week has been the BEST.  We have had so many opportunities to share the gospel and teach people who are just so prepared.  In the beginning of the week we has sisters meeting.  It was so fun, I got to see my friends from the MTC, and sister Rosen, and Sister Olsen, so there is nothing better than that.  They had all these mini classes on strength for women, in all the different ways we can have it, spiritual, physical, communication, even make-up.  Always gotta throw that last one in there for kicks.  Also they fed us 100 different kinds of salad for lunch, it was the best.  

We also had the sister training leaders come and stay this week, which was all sorts of interesting.  For some reason our sister training leaders got switched to english ones, so it was pretty much just me pretending to speak spanish all day.  Also it was car fast, so we rode the bus. Quite the adventure.  It was good though, it showed me how much I could really do with my spanish!  I did a million contacts, taught 2 lessons, and also chatted with everyone.  We have some Cuban investigators, and they are super hard to understand.  We just passed by, but I ended up talking to her for a whole 30 mins, and understood the whole conversation, it was the best!  

We have this cute older couple from the Dominican Republic who ride the scooter, Maria and Ramon, and we got to teach them a couple of times this week, and they came to church again!  Also we passed by for daily contact, and Ramon said I looked really "elegant"  in my skirt, too funny.  We love them!  

We also started teaching two men this week, different occasions, but we found them both just walking down the street, who both are set with baptismal dates.  Juan is this happy little guy from Puerto Rico, and as soon as we got finished teaching authority, he asked when and how he could be baptized with it.  Carlos is from the Dominican Republic, and when we first met him he was cutting hair in his apartment and yelled for us to come it.  He told us that in his country he had a lot of "friends" who were mormon...these friends just happened to be little guys in white shirts and ties that ride bikes.  Yes, it was the missionaries.  He told us that he just moved here and he knows that our church is the right one, he has been experimenting with others, but they are "empty".  They both came to church on sunday!  It was the best.  

This week I have been thinking a lot about a simple way to be happy.  It keeps coming back to doing what Jesus would do, always.  Which can be hard at times.  But for whatever reason all week I just kept coming back to "what would Jesus Do?".  I have been able to be involved in people's lives, who are really struggling.  These people have trials that I never even knew existed, sometimes I get sad when I try and think about how I really don't have any material ways to help them.  And in the moment it seems like material things are what they need.  But in reality I have the best present in the world, I have the gospel, and all I can do, and all I need to do is share it with them.  I know how they can be happy, I know the answer!  Heavenly Father really loves every single one of his children, he wants them all to have the blessings that they deserve, I just have to open my mouth!  I feel so lucky to be here, to be able to do that every day! 

I love you all very much!

xoxo Hermana Myer

No comments:

Post a Comment