Tuesday, September 24, 2013

email 9.23.13


My dearest family,
I did get your package, and I am so so so so sorry about tasha.  I may have even shed a tear in your behalf.  She was a good little guy.  I hope you are all feeling better!  And I hope you don't accidentally get a new dog...!  And yes, I do have a credit card, thank you! 
Tell Aunt Julie thank you for the beads, we have already busted them out, its even a little therapeutic...its fun to have a little something to mix life up. 

This week has been all kinds of happy! 

We got to go on a little trip through the mountains to West Virginia!  We have two sets of Elders who serve in Franklin West Virginia, and the had set up a booth at a festival that was going on, and of coarse they wanted sister to come up and be the face of the church.  So we took the opportunity and it was so much fun.  It is just this tiny little town, filled of hicks, and giant pig cookers.  We had a wee of a time.  We took turns sitting at the booth and just walking around the festival talking to everyone.  We even helped them find some potential investigators.  Also we had a downpour rain storm for about 20 minuets, which was all kinds of fun.  It was fun to switch it up a little. 
On Saturday we had the baptism of Sandy Delfin.  She is nine years old, and just the sweatest.  Her mom and sister are both members too.  Naturally we had a full meal after the baptism, and it was just perfect.  She was so happy.  We are so happy. 
On Sunday I gave my first real live talk in sacrament meeting, in spanish.  It was nuts!  It was about the Book of Mormon, and it was a whole ten minuets long, and I was so nervous.  But I did it!  It was cool to be able to see that I actually could do it, I mean I'm no pro, but I am saying something!  Also I got to go to primary on Sunday, which was the best ever.  We now have three recent converts in Primary, and we were thinking they needed a little support.  Mostly I just wanted to do sharing time and of coarse singing time.  I thought about you the whole time Dad! 
We are still eating lots of hispanic food, not as much as other weeks, but I have had a few tummy aches this week.  Mostly we just have been blessed with some really awesome investigators.  We have had so many opportunities to share the gospel, it is the best ever.   Ramon and Maria came to church again, and loved it.  They are the cute ones with a scooter.  They also invited us over for dinner this week, which always means they love us, so we are excited for that. 
This week I have been studying in the end of Alma.  Sometimes the war chapters are hard for me, but I started obsessing over the 200 stripling warriors.  I don't have my scriptures on me, but I think in chapter 57 it says that they fought desperately.  I love the wording there.  Sometimes I feel like that, that I am just fighting desperately.  They talk about how they had never learned to fight, but they keep their covenants, followed the commandments, and had faith.  I think that is so perfect for what I am doing here, right now.  Sometimes I feel like I have no idea what I am doing, and I am just trying desperately to do whats right, to go where I should, to speak spanish, to have faith, to keep being obediant, whatever it may be.  But just like them, my parents taught me to always have faith, to always trust that as long as you are doing what the Lord asks you to do, you will be able to do what you need to do.  Sometimes its hard to do, but I have been able to find comfort in the fact that I can put my all in, and he will make up the rest. 
I love being a missionary.  I am so happy.  I love Virginia.  This morning we went on a hike, and it was the best ever.  I will send pictures.  I love you all very much.  Thank you for being the best ever! 

xoxo Hermana Myer

No comments:

Post a Comment