Tuesday, September 23, 2014

email 9.8.14

Well I am sad to report and I leaving my cute hija, it was a day of tears that is for sure.  We have some really good work going on up here in the woodhood.  I am leaving, and becoming a sister training leaders, and she is staying here and training!  A little loco, but it should be good.  Mostly Hermana Collins is really nervous, but she is going to be great!  Hurray!

Last p-day we found the only Jamba Juice in Virginia for Hermana Collins, Me and the STLs surprised her.  It is on the Marine base.  We were very sneaky, and she cried.  So fun. 

This week the work slowed down a little bit.  For whatever reason we didn't see all of our progressing investigators until the weekend...so that was hard.  BUT we had some really really great lessons when we did see them! 

We saw our cute Hernandez family who have come to church a few times, but are just still on the fence about really committing.  We taught them some of the commandments and they willingly accepted to live them.  They really are so great, just still a little unsure.  They have a baptism date for two weeks, pray for them.  I had the opportunity to bare my testimony to them, like the whole thing.  I just felt right and like what they needed to hear.  It was kind of surreal, when I was talking it just didn't seem like I was saying the words, it was almost like I was listening to myself too, and top it off in Spanish.  It was just cool.  I felt the spirit working directly through me.  Fun. 

We had a super fun lesson with our ninos, noelia and Amilcar.  They are still coming to church a reading and all that jazz, but are lacking support from their parents...We had a lessons about using the scriptures, church, and prayer to conquer our doubts.  So clearly we filled up waterballoons with paint and water and pinned them to a foam board and labeled them our doubts...and then we labeled darts with the scriptures, church and prayer, and then we popped our doubts with the darts.  It was too fun.  I love teaching kids, they are humble and happy to learn.  They are my favorite. 

On Friday night Mishel came out with us again.  She just started community college so she has been pretty busy and not able to come out with us, but finally we found a time.  She told us that she had been having a hard week and was feeling a little depressed, and by the end of the night she was just happy.   Sharing the gospel makes us happy.  That is real.  And how could anyone not be happy after a great lesson with Hector!  He is a real gem, I will attach a picture.  He tried to give me a besito when I said goodbye, but I intervened real quick.  Too good. 

Anyways we spent some time saying goodbye to our favorite people, some tears were shed, but I can rest easy knowing I am leaving Hermana Collins here.  She is the BEST!  

ALSO we had zone meeting and they told us that the week of the 27th the whole mission is going to read the Book of Mormon all week.  We will do normal studies, and if we have any super super solid appointment we can leave to go to those, but other than that everyone is just going to read the whole Book of Mormon.  We are super excited! 

I love being a missionary.  I love this gospel so much.  I love being happy.  Keep sharing the gospel.  Love love love you! 

xoxo Hermana Riley Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment