Tuesday, September 23, 2014

email 9.22.14

This week has been insane.  In the best way, por supuesto.  But just out of control all at the same time.

I am not even sure where to start.  So first of all we are having a baptism this Friday or Maria, Keyla, and Ester, and they are just progressing like crazy.  They are so excited for their baptism, loving church, and eating up every lesson.  It is just fun.  They are such sweet girls and we are so so so happy for them.  

We have a cute pregnant investigator, Cinthia, and her nine year old daughter, Nicole, who are just awesome.  Cinthia is super cute, but opinionated, sassy, strong, you know, my kind of person, and just gets it.  They had missed a couple weeks of church, so we taught them about the Sabbath day, and bam there they were Sunday.  

We met a serious, black, Dominican man, named Nino this week when we were looking for a former that I taught last year.  He is super intelligent, and we teach him one principal, and hes like ohh yes that makes sense.  He came to church this week and afterwards he said "that was really positive, and I will be coming next week".  He is sweet.  

The cute branch here is doing so well, they are all just started to get excited, and starting to figure it out.  We even meet in the chapel now.  It is just so fun to see all of my gente and to see how they have progressed over time.   The Chavez family is doing wonderful, I just get emotional thinking about them.  My cute cute cute people.  

So the area is rocks.  

So now for the Richmond Adventures.  First on Wednesday we had sisters meeting, with all the sisters in the mission.  It is always the best meeting, because we get to talk about feelings and also eat salad together.  Me and Hermana Rosen trained on Faith and Esther.  It was a real tear jerker.  We taught about "self talk", and having faith in God and faith in our potential as divine daughters of him.  It is just so important to me that ever sister understands her worth, and how much our father in Heaven loves them.  So this self talk thing is cool.  What you do it you read your patriarchal blessings and create a list of "I am statements", por ejemplo, "I am patient".  So then you make a list of 5-8 I am statements.  Then everyday you make small goals of how you can be each of those things, and as you act, those I am statements literally become who you are.  It is sweet.  Anyways the meeting was awesome, and afterwards all the Sister Training Leaders went back to presidents house to have dinner before we went out on splits with sisters in the area.  Then we stayed over the night in the mission home because the next day we had a Sister Training Leader training meeting.  We had way way way too much fun.  We got up early to play sports with president, and just had a big sleepover, followed by another amazing meeting the next day.  We were spiritually and physically exhausted, but happy, so that was good.  Then we spent that evening in our own area, but then Friday we turned right back around to go to Richmond again, more specifically Chesterfield, because our cute cute precious Elba was getting baptized!  She is a dear investigator, that Hermana Rosen and I taught together, and I taught for the whole 6 months I was there.  She had a few challenges before she could get baptized, but she always knew it was true, and now she gets to have the blessings.  We were just thrilled, and there were a ton of missionaries there who had all taught her, it was a sweet experience.  Our member dropped us off at the baptism, so we spent the night again at the mission home...but on  our way to the mission home the member let us take a stop to see our cute favorite Cristian, and Ruben!  We were about in tears, and they were just as happy to see us.  We were very blessed.  The next morning President and Sister Wilson drove us back up to Harrisonburg, because they were conducting interviews.  

I just have to talk about President and Sister Wilson for a sec.  They are my heroes.  We have spent a ton of time with them recently, and I just try and soak up every bit of advice from them that I can.  Sister Wilson just does her own thing, and President Wilson loves her to death.  I really feel like President has helped me to grow my desires to be good, to follow the commandments, just because it is the right thing to do, and for no other reason.  He just makes me want to be better.  I love and respect them both so much.  On Saturday after the interviews they took us out to dinner, and we had a wee of a time.  I love them dearly.  

Sunday was awesome, like I said, everyone came to church, so we were happy.  This morning we also got the privilege to see the movie "Meet the Mormons".  It was awesome.  Apparently 70% of people that watch the movie want to talk to the missionaries.  So I don't know if it is playing at home, but get people there.  It is just very informational, really helps you see who we are, and how diverse we are, even with the same beliefs.  

I am happy here in the Harrisonburg, really really loving it.  I am just so happy to be a missionary, so have such a great purpose, and I know that through the Lord that I can accomplish all he wants me to.  My Heavenly Father in my best friend, and I know he will never let me down.  Isn't that just fun.  I love love love you!  

Besitos, Hermana Myer

No comments:

Post a Comment