Tuesday, September 23, 2014

email 9.15.14

Riley Jane is back to first address if you have a hankering to send her some snail mail.  Thank you all for loving this amazing girl!  Have a great week!
Hermana Myer
228-D Rocco Ave
Harrisonburg, VA 22801

There are just so many things to say, I have no idea where to start.  First of all could not be more thrilled to be back in the Harrisonburg, with my Hermana Rosen.  Just too good to be true.  Cried sitting on the pew by myself in transfer meeting (because she had to stay up here).  Mostly just too too good. 

So I guess first things first, I got to see my cute Darlene and Yuleli!  They are just cute as ever and just ecstatic to see me, which is always fun.  They have been doing great, when they got baptized their dad was reactivated, but there mom was a different story.  She started warming up to us, but told us that she promised God she would never go back to church, not even go in the building, besides for her girls baptism.  But a month ago Darlene went to the temple for the first time to do baptisms with the ward, so the whole family went along to go into the visitors center, and even their mom went!  Then the next Sunday she came to church.  MIRACLE.  She didn't come for a few weeks, but she came yesterday, and we shared a hug and a cry right there in the middle of the chapel.  That is gong to be an eternal family, and I couldn't be more thrilled.  It has taken them a while, but how blessed am I to be able to be here again with them to help them get to the temple.  God is just too good to me. 

I got to see my cute Flor (favorite member whose childbirth I witnessed) and she has been having a rough past year.  I was devastated because they moved earlier in the year to Texas and some sketchy things where happening, and they had to some back to Harrisonburg because her husband had to go to jail here for a few months.  So that was really sad.  But she was also so happy to see me and we had an awesome lesson with her, and she just gets it.  She has not lost her testimony through all of the hardest times.  And the kids are as cute as ever, and Genesis is huge!  Just darling.  She is just so fuerte and such a good example. 

The branch is doing great, it is growing, and they even meet in the Chapel now.  They are just so cute.  I am just so excited to be back and actually speak Spanish now, and I know that there are a ton of reasons why I am here. 

As for being a Sister training leader, it seems pretty much the same!  We are over 4 sets of sisters who we do exchanges with each 1 time a transfer.  So not too much English work!  Hurray!  But we are here to help them be better, set visions for them and their areas, and mostly just love them.  We have another set of hermanas  in the ward, my bff from the CCM, Hermana Wilkins, so that is fun.  I don't really know the other sisters, so I am excited.  Mostly we just are supposed to be good examples and love them, and teach them!  This week we have a training meeting in Richmond so I will get more of an idea. 

As for being with Hermana Rosen it has been amazing.  The first night we got together we talked forever and we are both just at the best time in our missions to do work and to have faith.  We are teaching a lady named Maria and her two cute daughters Keyla and Ester.  Last week, when I got here, they where not feeling sure about getting baptized, saying they were going to go back to the Catholic church etc...but that first night Hermana Rosen and I talked about having faith in God that he can work through he and just making him our best friend through prayer...and then we just worked like crazy.  They all had their little hold ups, but after much fasting and prayer and talking, they all knew it was they needed to and wanted to do.  We saw them last night after church and they all three committed to be baptized on September 26th.  It was a miracle.  I just saw God working so hard, and us trying everything we could, and it worked. Faith is real.  He listens to us.  He loves us, and he is just good. 

I am so so so happy to be here, there is just so much goodness.  We have been doing a lot of contacting and talking to people, but we are not wasting time, the people who are ready are the ones we are teaching.  I know that Heavenly Father loves us very much, he cares about us individually.  My Heavenly Father is my best friend, and I know I can trust him with my life, and I know that when I have faith in the Savior, everything will turn out just fine.  I love love love you all so much!  Have the best week! 

Besitos, Hermana Myer  

No comments:

Post a Comment