Wednesday, August 13, 2014

email 7.21.14

Once again this week I realized how many darn trees there are in this place, and then I think about how hard it would have been to even put anything else but trees here, aka houses.  But I am so glad they figured it out, because it is so pretty, and my favorite, and I love it.  I love Virginia, I am so grateful to be here! 

This week has slowed down a little bit, for whatever reason, but still good.  We are still being missionary preaching that good gospel, and we still saw miracles, of course. 

We started off with a lovely P-day, going to the "beach" of the Potomac river...they had a dock and everything!  It was not quite what I am used to, but I really really really enjoyed the time outside in the sun :)  And also part of the dock is actually in Maryland, so we got a little rebelious and crossed over. 

Tuesday was mostly just crazy.  It had been super super super humid, like i am sure over 100% humidity, the most unreal.  And then at night time it will storm, these super awesome thunder/rain/lightning storms, we always get a good show on our drive home.  But on Tuesday it started raining at like 6 and did not stop until 12, and our appointments kept falling through etc, and when we got home it was like we had been in the shower...it was so fun!  We were literally dripping, and freezing, so we got into jammies to plan and even made hot chocolate, in the middle of the summer! 

This week I started the Book of Mormon over again, and I have been studying it a little bit more in depth.  Yesterday I was reading in chapter five verse five says,  "But behold, I have obtained a land of promise, in the which things I do rejoice; yea, and I know that the Lord will deliver my sons out of the hands of Laban, and bring them down again unto us in the wilderness."  I was sitting there thinking about the fact that he was rejoiceing in the promised land, that he would not actually get to for another 8 years!  But he was already rejoicing, because he was depending on the promise that he was given.  I need to do that more!  I have been promised so many things, in the temple, in my call letter, and in my patriarchal blessing, and I may not have all the blessings right this second, but I can have that hope and happiness that one day I will!  Just put things back into perspective for me! 

We had a return and report meeting in Richmond for all the trainers and the trainees, and it was awesome.  The APs trained us on not only inviting to baptism, but inviting people to be sealed in the temple.  Because that is really our goal.  I got my fire reignited to just talk to every single person, to helpt them repent, and be happy, and mostly to go to the temple!  hurray for meetings! 

Mostly this week I am just thankful for my family.  I am thankful for people that love me and want me to be happy, that really care about me.  We have been meeting a lot of people that just don't have that.  Last night we finally taught a potential named Silvestre, he has no one, he wants to be happy.  He is going to be baptized, because this is what he needs.  He needs hope and love and care and support, and that is what we have.  I makes me sad when people don't want what we have, there are so many that are suffering, I just want to help them! 

Yesterday my sweet trainer came to church to visit me!  She has been working at EFY for a few weeks and she suprised me at sacrament meeting.  I about died.  She is a gem.  She taught me so much, and it was just good to see her again.  Anyway, we had a great week!  I still love being a missionary and teaching and finding and praying.  That is pretty much all we do here, oh and a lot of loving.  I love love love you all! 


xoxo Hermana Myer

No comments:

Post a Comment