Wednesday, July 2, 2014

email 6.9.14

This week has been madness!  We have been running (corriendo) all week long, we are exhausted, but it was an awesome week, filled with milagros.

Most importantly, Carolina and Ruby got baptized on Saturday, and it was perfect!  And they are perfect.  We had some things to finish up this week getting them all prepared for the baptism, but they were so ready and happy and it was beautiful.  Ruby was a little nervous, but we found this adorable little white dress for her, which made her happy!  Carolina's was a little unfortunate looking, but it worked, and all was well.  Ruby was adorable in the font with Hermano Fitzgerald, who is literally huge like 6'6, but all went well!  We had a little adventure with filling up the font though.  We started filling it and about 3/4 of the way we felt it and the water had turned cold.  We didn't want them to freeze, so we wanted to take out some of the cold water and put more hot in, but we had to let some out in order to do that...and to let some water out, we had to go it.  So I threw on a jumpsuit and hoped in.  It was hilarious, but we got the job done, and it was nice a warm!  The service was perfect, filled with children, as we do.  And the spirit was strong.  I am just so grateful to have been here to help them, they really did everything themselves, but I have learned so much from Carolina.  She is a single mom for the moment (her husband got deported to Argentina) and she has 4 kids.  Leo 10 who is autistic and blind, Ruby 8, Abby 6, and Christian 2.  She has so much patience and love for her children, she has her priorities straight, and now she has her covenants for protection and strength  and we are just so happy for her.  She is the cutest.  

We had an awesome Zone Conference on Tuesday.  We went over the things we learned from Elder Bednar, and talked alot about working with members.  I came out with a ton of new goals for being a missionary and a human.  I am feeling refreshed as a missionary, my health is getting better, and I am just ready to go.  I want to make this last 6 months the best I have had!  Sometimes meetings scare me because they just talk about numbers and stuff, but this one was really awesome, I just felt like I wanted to do and be better!  

We had two neat miracles yesterday.  We needed two more member present lessons to make our goals for the week, and we had no set appointments...but we had faith!  Hurray!  At church we got invited to go to a member's home for dinner, Paty and Argi Jimenez.  After we were finished eating her brother came home, Marco, and we started chatting, and turns out he has been taught by the missioanries, but never prayed about the Book of Mormon.  So we did what any good missionaries would do, taught him a lesson, and he said he would keep meeting with us!  After that Hermana Hiebert felt like we should visit Ruth Luna, an active member with a non-member husband, and their family.  So we headed over there, and guess what the Husband, Carlos, let us right it.  We had an awesome lesson and read in the Book of Mormon with the whole family.  He has also met with missionaries before and says he doesn't feel anything when he reads the Book of Mormon, he also agreed to meet with us again!  Hurray for milagros.  I love being a missionary, it just makes me happy. 

This week I have been studying forgiveness, it seems to be something that is hard for me and also everyone around me.  We have huge problems with people being offended and going less active.  It is so so so sad.  So I have been thinking about it alot and I think that forgiveness is an element of charity.  When we love people, they are easier to forgive. I think it is that simple.   I have been working on forgiving right in the moment something is said or done.  Sometimes I can say that things are fine, and they are, for that moment, and then later I explode.  I think the key is to forgive right in the moment.  Have love and charity for everyone, be compassionate and patient with the weaknesses of others, and bam instantly more happy.  It is so cool how the gospel just works.  

You are the best family in the whole world.  Really my favorite.  I love love love you all!  Have the best week, read your scriptures and be good! 


xoxo Mana Myer

No comments:

Post a Comment