Wednesday, July 2, 2014

email 6.23.14

Hello my dearest family, it was so good to hear from all of you this week.  You are all my favorite and I am so grateful for me, thank you for keeping me going. 

Sometimes life is just so hard.  Thank you for filling me in on all of our loved ones, my dear dear Cole will be in my prayers.  Please let me know if anything major happens, I will do a fast for him as well.  The will of our Heavenly Father is an interesting topic.  But I am so grateful for my knowledge of my Heavenly Fathers plan for me and for every single one of us.  I have learned that his was is always better, even if it is hard, and even if it takes a while for us to see the reasoning.  But the Bounes are strong, they know that, and that is why I know everything will be okay.  Yesterday was met the non-member husband of a less-active (Crystal) named Juan.  We had an awesome lesson with him about prayer and he really opened up to us.  He has a "hard time" with God because he does not understand why bad things happen to good people.  We are so excited to help him learn about the will of the Father and the way we can be happy in this life.  He is a real gem, and one of the many miracles that we were given this week. 

This week has been awesome, it really has, I feel so blessed.  First things first I am in the Woodhood, otherwise known as Woodbridge Virginia.  It is up close to DC, used to be part of the DC south mission.  It is sweet.  We have a giant ward, with muchos members.  Me and my cute cute new companion, Hermana Collins, have just had a wee of a time.  White washing an area can always be a little tricky, but we have worked together and just figured life out up here.  Hermana Collins, is a real gem.  I love love love her already.  She is 19 and from Bountiful and smart and just ready and willing to WORK.  And I mean work.  She is all about doing doing doing just simply everything.  She wants to be here and we get along just like 2 peas in a pod.  I was really blessed with this one, I can already tell good things are to come for us.  So anyways, we got right to work, whipped up a mappa, and got to work meeting people.  We have so many people to see everyday, which is super nice.  We haven't had to do any planned finding yet, and we still found 3 new investigators.  Missionary work is just the best.  And teaching someone about being a missionary has helped me remember why it is the best thing on the whole planet.  We may or may not be exhausted...but all is well.  We have the most legit ward mission leader on the planet, he helps us and has all these awesome FHE's set up.  It is out of control.  Everyone here is very missionary minded, and ready to help.  It is an awesome area.  So we are happy.

It was sad to leave my Chesterfield people, mostly just the day of transfer meeting it hit me.  My sweet Ruben, and Carolina and their families, and just all my people, but I am so excited to meet new people here.  We have already been teaching like crazy, and still trying to sort though everything. 

This week we have been going back to the basics, reading a lot of PMG and just starting over from scratch.  We have had a few awesome experiences of simply praying and getting exactly what we needed.  And my cute companion is just floored by everything.  I love her so much!  I love being a missionary, it is the happiest things.  I love love love you!  Have the best week :)

-Besitos, Hermana Riley Jane

my address is 2807 Woodmark Dr. #204, Woodbridge VA 22191

No comments:

Post a Comment