Wednesday, July 2, 2014

email 6.16.14

We had a good run here, in the Midlothian Kingdom...and now I am onto a new adventure!  I am so sad, I love my gente here, there are good gente.  I have met the coolest people, I am sad to be leaving Ruben and Carolina and Ruby and their families.  And just everyone, but I am excited to meet some more cute little hispanics!  And I am training, so it should be fun!
This week was loco, as usual.  But so so so good!  I love being a missionary, I know I always say that, but it is true, it is just the most happy thing ever.  

We had an amazing sisters meeting (where the elders are not invited and we eat only salad for lunch and exchange clothes) all about spiritual gifts.  What they are, if we have them, how we can develop them, and so on a so forth.  There was one that has stuck out to me in particular this week, that is the Gift of having a testimony that Jesus is the Christ.  I has never thought about it being a gift, but it makes so much sense now.  I have been studying the atonement all week (there is an awesome Ensign issue that is all on the atonement) and I am just so grateful for the knowledge that I have, and the opportunity to share it.  The atonement is everything, all we need, and I learned that from my Dad.  I am so grateful for you Dad, for teaching me about the atonement and giving me the example of how to use it.  

Saturday we had quite the adventure.  In the morning a little baby kitten followed us on our whole walk and back to our house...and we had no idea what to do with it...so we called our investigator, Waleska who has been looking for a new cat.  She was so excited and we brought it right over.  But we did bring it in for about an hour, because it wouldn't stop crying!  We had to.  Then we went to Charlottesville for Hermana Hiebert. She had a taught this awesome woman named Dalia, and so we got to go!  Someone gave a talk about the Holy Ghost and they looked her in the eyes and told her that starting tomorrow she will never be alone again, and it just changed my perspective on how much the Holy Ghost really does help me every day here.  We had to rush back for the ward "cookout" which was all kinds of fun.  We had an investigator there, and our cute Ruben, and we played soccer and ate watermelon, the whole nine yards.   Then Saturday night one of our previous investigators called us to invite us to the funeral of her premature baby.  So yesterday we went, and it was a very interesting experience.  It was done in the chapel of a funeral home, and there was a catholic pastor there, Padre Miguel, aka father Michael.  And it just felt so empty, we wanted to get up there and set all the things straight, but you know we controlled ourselves.  But we have an appointment to see them this week, so we are excited about that.  

We really have been so busy, and it is so great.  The next couple of days should be crazy, but I think maybe just the rest of the mission is going to be crazy.  I love it here.  I love all my cute people.  I am happy.  And this week I am grateful for trials.  They help us learn, they make us better.  I love you all, you are the best family in the world.  You are all my favorites. 


Besitos, Hermana Myer

No comments:

Post a Comment