Thursday, May 22, 2014

email 5.19.14

Well folks, I am officially gall bladder-less.  And things are looking up.  I am so excited to recover and just be even better of a missionary and not sick anymore!

This week has been great.  Really it has been.  I have felt so much love from so many people.  People at home, people in the ward, my compy comp, my roommates, even President Wilson!  Everyone has stopped by, called, sent letters, packages, ice cream, you name it.  I have felt my Heavenly Fathers love for me through his servants.  So thank you everyone!  

We even got to do some missionary work this week, and saw miracles, like always.  It is funny how he even blesses you when you sleep for three days straight.  

We have been teaching these two cute little brother, Wilmer (11) and Jordy (9).  We found their family through a member, and the parents have had no interest, but the boys love the lessons.  They have both prayed and have received answers that this is the true church (through dreams) and want to be baptized so bad.  It is a little tricky though without the support of the parents and them being so young, so we have been taking it slow and trying to get the parents involved.  They have been begging their mom to take them to church, but she is always "ocupada"  but finally she agreed to let them go if we got them a ride.  This was Wednesday night, so we were a little crazy.  But we promised her that someone would pick them up, and the boys were so happy.  Surgery shenanigans happened and before we knew it, it was Sunday morning...and we didn't find them a ride.  It was 9:30 and I just said a little prayer and called our cute member Oralia and by some miracle she answered and agreed!  Then I called Belkis, their mom, to confirm, and by another miracle she answered and the boys were already getting ready!  It was the best, the boys came and they loved church, they want to be baptized and so now we just have to get the parentals!  We are so happy.  

This morning I read the talk that Richard G. Scott gave at general conference and it is one of my favorites.  It talks about how we just have to love people, and then share with them our simple testimonies, and how our testimony has helped us in our lives.  He talks about how we need to trust God's children, and when we trust them, they do amazing things.  I was just overwhelmed with gratitude once again for the time I have to be a missionary, to learn how to teach, how to love, and how to help other accept the gospel.  I love being here, and I know my Heavenly Father is looking out for me!  Remember be good, and share your testimony of the atonement with everyone.  I love love love you all!  


xoxo Hermana Myer

No comments:

Post a Comment