Monday, August 26, 2013

email 8.26.13

Mi Familia-

This week has been awesome.  First of all, mom, thank you for your letter, it was exactly what I needed.  I needed to be reminded of what is really important to me, and what I am doing here!  It is crazy how easy it is to forget, but such is life.  Things have been getting better with my companions, its still not easy, but I just always have to remember that I am choosing to be happy.  Its crazy because being on my mission, I have given the Lord 100 percent control over everything in my life.  Where I am, the language I am speaking, which area, which companions, everything.  And because all of these things are done through revelation I know that Heavenly Father wants me where I am right now.  I figure that everything he does is to isolate certain trials and things that I need to work on and through.  In the blessing that I got last sunday he told me that every trial I have on my mission is to prepare me for a trial that I will have later in my life.  So I have decided to take this opportunity and learn what I can through every step.  

First of all your summer is sounding like so much fun.  You guys really know how to party.  I wish I could be there for all the traveling and packing, and moving, it all sounds like the best of times.  And yes, the Johnsons are the very best, I don't know where you found them, but they are keepers.  And Liz is a keeper too, I think about her when I think about how happy I want to make myself.  She is the best.  

Mom, that sounds awesome about the sister missionaries challenge.  We havent had any instruction on anything of the sort, but I agree I think it is an awesome idea.  Not enough people even know who we are and what we are about!  But you should totally post things for your calling and BYU, and just your life.  Speaking of your calling, I need an idea for a relief society activity.  We are trying to get the women more excited about visiting teaching, because they dont do it.  We want to have an activity about how easy it is and also a get to know you, because none of them are really united.  Any ideas of how we can accomplish that?  

This week I have been studying about feeling the spirit.  As a missionary I am feeling the spirit 24/7, which I think raises the bar for really feeling it...if that makes an sense.  But its almost like I was starting to take it for granted.  I was especially studying about the different ways that we as humans can feel the spirit.  I made a lovely connection!  So I have been realizing that almost all the time in the Book of Mormon when they talk about feeling the spirit, they talk about having joy.  Silly me, how could I have overlooked that, I know that when I don't feel the spirit, I am not happy.  I don't know if we really focus on this as much, that the spirit can be manifest though happiness.  In Mosiah 18:10,11, it talks about when Alma baptized his people and he says that they had the spirit more abundantly.  The next verse says that they clapped their hands with joy.  They had joy because they knew of the blessings that were going to come.  I love the Book of Mormon.  

This week we have been so happy as a companionship.  We have had some good adventures.  On Saturday we accidentally locked our keys in the church, so we walked for a couple of hours, which is always exciting.  We also found a sunflower that was three times the size of my head, so there is nothing better than that!  We found some good potential investigators, and even sang a little.  Also we have continued preparing Darlin and Yuleli for the baptism, and they are so ready, and excited.  The baptism is on Saturday so I will send pictures next week!  Transfer calls are tomorrow, which is scary, but I don't think I will be moved, but who really knows, it could be time to learn something else!  Either way people will be getting moved around so something will be different, which is kind of exciting.  Also this week I have just given in and starting playing with the kids more, they like me better anyways.  Also I can understand the spanish that they speak, so that is always fun!  Also they love the stickers, and I am the favorite missionary in the branch all because of them!  

I love being a missionary, I love my Heavenly Father, and I love this gospel. I know that it is true with all my heart!  I am so excited for everything that lies ahead, I am starting to get a feel for what I am doing around here, what I have to offer, and I know it is not very much, but I am giving it all I have!  I love you very much, thank you for being the best ever!  

xoxo Hermana Myer

No comments:

Post a Comment