Wednesday, August 14, 2013

email 8.12.13

My dearest family-

I just want to start out by reminding you how much I love you.  Thank you for being the best family in the whole wide world.  Thank you for sending the package!  I haven't got it yet but I am excited!  Secondly I feel that I must share with you why Virginia is perfect.  They have sunflowers and scooters everywhere I love it.  The weather here has not been too bad.  It is humid as all get out, but its been around the 70's.  Also sometimes it randomly just pour rain, so that is fun.  Also my hair is crazy frizzy, so headscarves are a must.  

This week has been crazy, I am starting to get a feel for what missionaries actually do!  Hurray! But seriously the weirdest things happen to us all the time.  It's had to even describe, but alot of failed appointments, and just weird circumstances when we do get the opportunity to teach.  But there has also been so very many miracles, unbelievable miracles.  We have been focusing on Less actives and part member families, and have been able to start teaching some of them.  

We started teaching Darlene and Yulaylie this week and it is the best.  Kids are the best ever, they just get it.  They have simple faith and they are so fun to teach.  On Friday we taught them the plan of salvation.  When we got there they had a few little friends over playing in the front yard, so we decided that we would just teach outside and have fun.  So we moved around the front yard, the driveway was pre-earth life, the grass was earth, ect.  It was so much fun, they loved it.  We even taught them some primary songs, which they died over.  I thought about you Dad, you would have loved it.  Thanks for sharing your thoughts about Primary songs, they are so simple and perfect, keep those coming.  Anyways, they are awesome and I always look forward to our lessons.  On Saturday we were invited to Darlene's Birthday Lunch, which was one experience I will never forget.  We went to "Dragon Palace", with her whole extended family.  What could be better than a giant hispanic family, three white missionaries, and a Chinese buffet?  Nothing. It was priceless, Ill attach a picture.    

Church yesterday was awesome.  It was full again, and also I pretty much understood the whole meeting!  Hurray!  But seriously best ever.  I had a full on conversation with a member, and even talked to an investigator and set up an appointment, not to toot my own horn, but I was excited!  Also we have been working alot with our relief society, give it a face lift.  It is barely functioning, but we are getting a Visiting Teacher Coordinator and starting to get the ball rolling.  It is so fun, but sometimes I wish you could come up here mom and just train them!  

This week I have been studying about peace.  Real peace in life that can only be found through the Savior.  I have seen and heard about really hard trials that people are facing every day.  My heart aches for these people, a lot of them are far from home and most of their family, sometimes they even have kids in other countries.  Life is hard, but I have been realizing that even though these hard things are happening all around us, its okay.  We can always find peace in the Savior, and he will never leave us alone.  We have to choose to step out of the darkness and choose light, choose the Savior.  Every morning when my alarm goes off I immediately get on my knees and tell my Heavenly Father that I am going to choose light and love and Christ today, and that is the only way I can make it.  I am so grateful for my Savior and for his atoning sacrifice and unconditional love.  Helping other people see and feel that is the best job ever. 
  

I love being a missionary, it is the best times ever.  I am learning so much.  I love you all and I am grateful for you!  I will send pictures! 

xoxo Hermana Myer


No comments:

Post a Comment