Wednesday, June 26, 2013

email 6.26.13


My dearest family!
Wow this week has been crazy, and emotional roller coaster for sure, but what would you expect from me?
Anyways first of all, I am so proud of everyone for graduating!  You guys did it!  I always believed in you!  I love the pictures, keep sending them!  PS did you find my camera charger?  Also good  news for Luke, he can have my phone, if you haven't already given it to him, just try and save my info but if not its okay, life goes on. 
Okay how exciting was Sunday?!  It was the best ever, I don't think I was on the video but I was wearing my red long sleeve dress...so maybe you saw me!  But yes it was probably the most exciting thing for all of us missionaries.  I loved all the talks but there was a couple of things that stood out to me.  The first was when Russell M. Nelson urged us to act by inspiration, motivated by love.  Perfect.  I love the new push for members to be involved in missionary work.  The thing that is so great is that we simply need to share what we know and allow others to pray for a confirmation that it is true.  I trust in the gospel and the Lord 100%, so if people are ready and have a sincere heart, it is pretty much fool proof...kinda.  Awesome.  I had a thought during the meeting.  I think Angel, the boot camp lady, needs to hear about the gospel.  I am not sure to what extent, but I got a prompting to tell you guys to get on that.  Just a thought.  Anyways we haven't gotten any other additional information yet, they are pretty preoccupied with the mission president.  They have locked us out of the main building because it is swarming with general authorities, and they make us eat in the gym!  Today is the last day, so its not too bad.  But the coolest thing happened.  On Sunday night my companion got a message saying that her Aunt Barb wanted to meet with her Monday morning, Aunt Bard is coincidentally married to Uncle Tom...yes L. Tom Perry.  So we go to the main building and we are sitting on the couch waiting for Aunt Barb to show up, and guess who she brings with her...Uncle Tom.  Hi.  It was amazing.  We just chatted for twenty minutes...he shook my hand three times...and told me that Virginia was lucky to have me.  It was the best. Sunday night I had a nice remembrance of the reason why I am here, it was a good day to recenter my faith and press forward. 
I am getting so anxious to get out to Virginia!  Mom, I took pictures of the play by play of our day yesterday that I will send to you.  Every day is pretty much the same.  We either work out first thing in the morning or last thing before we go to be, which is really nice, not everyones is like that.  But throughout the day we have time for personal study, language study, and companion study.  We have two, three-hour blocks of time when we are in class.  In class we learn teaching skills, spanish, and we teach lessons.  Currently we have two investigators, who are also our teachers, Maria and Sandra.  They are out progressing investigators, and we are inviting them both to be baptized tomorrow!  So that is exciting.  We are always planning lessons, we study the doctrines  that we are going to teach during personal study.  Figure out the words we need in spanish during language study.  Bring it together during companion study, then teach.  Its a great system that we have worked out.  Hermana Petersen and I are a great team.  We have to rely heavily on the spirit to teach in broken spanish, but it is awesome.  We started singing hymns at the beginning of each lesson, which has made a huge difference.  Its hard, but it is good.  Other than that we eat and have a devotional on Tuesday nights.  Sundays we get a break from studying the language and just hear really awesome speakers, and then there is P-day, today, hurray!  We went to the temple this morning and did inititories, but it was our last week for the temple because they are going to close for cleaning.  But i think next week we actually go clean the temple so that can be fun.  Other than that we just write letters and do laundry and hang out, we do have language study tonight, but its a good day. 
Also, I see Rachel and Kendall all over the place, its the best ever. 

Mom, you're the best for reading third Nephi, its awesome, I love you insights, keep them up!  You're an inspiration to me!  I love what you said about not getting casual about my testimony in Christ.  Also, I am going to send some clothes home, there are a couple of things that I want you to send. First the red lace pencil skirt.  Also there are two long sleeve blouses that I that I brought.  One is dark blue and the other is cream with black on the collar, they are both from forever 21.  Also if you could print out come thou fount lyrics, that would be awesome. 
Dad, I loved your letter.  I am glad you are still entertaining children, you're the best for that!  I hope fathers day went well!  I have been thinking about you, its crazy that you are just across the street!  Please eat some yummy food for me, maybe go to costco, and give Ryder a big kiss! 
You are the best family in the whole wide world!  Thank you thank you thank you!  I love you! 
xoxo, Hermana Myer

No comments:

Post a Comment