Wednesday, June 12, 2013

email 6.12.13

HOLA!  I have to start off by saying I LOVE THIS PLACE.  It is so amazing, its hard to describe everything that I am feeling and learning and experiencing, but I will just start off by saying it is awesome.  So I guess I will just start off with the first day.  Hermana (Erica) Mahterian was my host, which was the best thing that could have every happened, just a big hug and smile from a friend was exactly what I needed.  She took me to get my name tag and books and drop my suitcases off and then straight to class.  It  really was a blessing to have her with me on that first day.  Sadly she had to go home and have surgery so she left, but at least I had a few days with her!  So I got to class and it was not as scary as I was expecting, and I love my teacher, Hermano Cameron, he is so enthusiastic and hilarious and friends with some of my friends from school, so that is just great news.  The first night we had this teaching experience thing where there was a simulation of a lesson being taught and we got to watch, it was amazing, a good introduction to what teaching the gospel actually looks like, who knew I didn't really know what that looked like.  Anyways we ran around all night and met our branch presidency heard a couple of talks, honestly it is kind of a blurr.  But I felt good and that's all that mattered.

So the good news is my companion is the best ever.  Her name is Hermana (Jacie) Peterson and she went to high school with Abbey and Bailey!  Yes, she is 19, and yes we are soul sisters.  She is hilarious and positive and best of all willing to work hard.  We are on the same page and get along great.  She has been a huge blessing to me, and I really do love her.  I'm sad because she is actually going to Texas, but we are going to live it up while it lasts.  We have two other girls in our district, Hermana Bingham and Hermanan Wilkins, who are both going to Richmond with me.  We all share a room and I already love them.  We have six Elders in our district, all different ages, and they are the best.  We all get along and work well together and they even did matching polka dot day with us sisters already, so you know it is going to be a good six weeks.

As far as spanish goes, I LOVE IT.  I love speaking spanish, and learning spanish, and teaching in spanish (it is very rough).  But yes the gift of tongues is very very very real.  We have already taught two lessons is "spanish"  I am sure it wasnt quite spanish, but either way I love it.

This place is just so unreal.  Everything time I hear a speaker or a talk or anything like that I know that they say something directly for me.  The first three days were the hardest, because they had us so busy and they pretty much drill rules into you like crazy, but once Sunday came I felt a million times better.  On Sunday we had relief society with all of the sisters, someone changed the words to As sisters in Zion to a sister missionary song and after that I was a total goner.  I have learned so many things since getting here.  I think first and foremost I have realized how much the Lord helps us along every single step of the way, he is involved in every aspect of our lives, especially while here in the MTC.  I think I pray out loud with my companion at least ten times a day.  Whenever we a feeling a little down or frustrated or anything we just pray.  I know that he is up there listening to every word and he gives us immediate blessings, it is unreal.  Another thing that I have learned is how much the Lord has been and is currently working to prepare my investigators for me, and because he is doing that I need to prepare myself for them.  Everything I am doing here and have done in my life it to prepare myself for them.  It is amazing.  I have realized how much work I need to do with learning the scriptures and the doctrine, but I work at it every day, all day, so its good.  I thought of Mckenna and Rachel the other morning during my personal study, I want them both to start studying Preach My Gospel, there is great information in there, just to know as a Latter Day Saint, I love that book.  But Start working on and it girls, you two would do amazing out here!  

Also on the 23rd there is a special missionary training broadcast that you should all go to, the first presidency and the quorum of the twelve are going to be there and yours truly is going to be singing in the MTC choir.  It is going to be amazing!

It's hard to think of everything that I want to tell you guys.  As for the less important things, the food is awful, mostly I just eat spinach salad, wraps, and apples, so maybe that is good news.  But this morning before the temple we ate breakfast at the temple with our zone which was a nice switch up.  Also, we have the best zone ever!


PS.  SEND ME DEAR ELDERS, getting them at the end of the day is the best thing ever, every day is really really busy and when I get back into our room there is nothing would love more than a letter, even if it is one line that says I Love you or something like that.  That goes for you Alyse, Chad, Mckenna, Luke, all of you!  But Seriously that's all I want for my early birhtday, a dear elder every day!

I love you guys so much, I think about you all the time, I pray for you all the time.  I know that our heavenly father loves us and know us each individually.  I love this gospel with all my heart.  I love being a missionary.


Yo se que le evangelio de Jesucristo es verdadero.  Yo se que el libro de mormon es la palabra de dios.  Yo se que Thomas S. Monson es un profeta de Dios.

I love you all, sorry next time my email will not be so long, also maybe I will be able to figure out how to send pictures!

xoxo Hermana Myer

No comments:

Post a Comment