Wednesday, June 19, 2013

email 6.19.13

My dearest family,

Week two of the MTC, and I am still alive!!  It is the most amazing place on the face of the planet, and I am learning so much every single day.  I love it.  I love the gospel. 

Okay so where to start, first I will answer your questions.  My camera battery charger should be in the moving box that was in the office at some point, maybe in my room, but the only moving box I have.  Yes, we get to go to the temple on p-days, which is today, we go and eat breakfast before, its the best ever.  We do exercise, every day but sunday, sometimes we go to the gym and sometimes its the field, and other times its just whatever we want to do.  YES I am the boot camp instructor and I make everyone sore.  The workout cards are money, and tell Angel not to worry, and she taught me well!  I have been cleared to wear sandals, so yes I wear them almost everyday, except sunday.  However bow head scarfs are a no go...at least for the MTC, no headbands that go over your hair...so thats sad. 

Nicole's letter made me cry, I am so so so so so happy for her, I think about her constantly.  I know she is going to be amazing. 

SIDE NOTE before I forget:  PLEASE tell Kelly Anderson thank you for me, she sent me a package the first week and I don't have her address to thank her.  Tell her the rolls were yummy and exactly what we needed the first week, she is so sweet!

Dad- I hope you got my letter that I sent to you, I hope you had the best fathers day every!  I thought about you all day.  One of the speakers on sunday said that as much as our Dad's missed us they were happier to have us out here, making you proud.  I cried, but I know its true, just know how much I love you!

Mom-  Thanks for sharing all your thoughts from conference.  I am happy you got to meet with the area 70, you told me you were going to ask him about visiting teaching...what did he say?  I know how much you love visiting teaching, so I hope you got some help!  David Dowling is obviously amazing, its funny that he talked about the priesthood, on sunday the relief society lesson was a large part based on the priesthood.  She told us that while we are on our missions we need to use the priesthood leaders that we are blessed with as much as possible, so your insights were perfect. 

I am sorry to hear about Julie, I am going to send her a quick email. 

I see Kendall all the time!  Yay ill send a picture.  I have seen Lizzie at choir, and I see Haley Christensen every day.  Rachel Farnsworth came today so that was really happy I met her on the curb and took her to her room and whatnot!  I am so excited to have her here with me!

I have been thinking about everything that I have learned this week, which is alot, but I want to share with you guys whats going on over here.  For whatever reason I have been reading in 3rd Nephi alot, when Christ appears to the Nephites.  I just love to read about the way that Christ shares his gospel and spends time with his people, read that this week and let me know your thoughts.  I have made it a goal to keep Christ on my mind constantly, everything in in my life is possible because of him. On sunday our Sacrament meeting was all about repentance.  There are two points that really struck me, the first is when we kneel down every night we should be asking our Heavenly Father " what have I done or not done today that I need to repent of?"  If we do, we can more fully be able to repent and live our lives in accordance with Gods will.  The second point is that we should remember our sins, but not suffer for them anymore.  As a missionary I wear Christs name right under mine, at all times I am representing him, and because of that I can do anything.  Awesome.  Love this missionary business. 

I hope you all are planning on watching the broadcast on sunday, Yours truly will be singing in the choir, so look for me.  Apparently there is some big announcement, so get ready, and take notes fore me, because I am not allowed to.

The past couple of days we have been hearing and talking alot about Member missionary work, and how very very vital it is.  They have been instructing us to get close to the members, astonish them, and then they will want us to teach their friends.  It made me think alot about you guys.  I know that its easy for me to say because I am on a mission, but being here has made me realize how much we really need to share the gospel with everyone we encounter.  The gospel is happy, good, perfect, and most of all everyone needs it.  Everyone needs Christ.  The first like of our missionary purpose it to invite all to come unto Christ.  The key word being invite.  We need to speak up, and share with people what we know, and you guys can be doing that while I'm out here!  Be friends with the missionaries! 

We also talk alot about how missionary work is a revelatory work, we need to be doing everything we can in our lives to be close to the spirit, because thorough the spirit peoples hearts are changed.  Last night at the devotional, our speaker was Robert C. Gay.  He told us that we are not here by accident.  Every human has been prepared from the foundations of the earth to do the work that they are doing.  I love that. 

I love you so much.  Thank you for supporting me.  Thank you for sending me so many letters, keep them coming, you guys keep me going.  I feel so blessed to be here, all week I have been singing come thou fount of every blessing and the line that keeps sticking with me is streams of mercy never ceasing, love that, its perfect, and real. 

I do need one thing, a calendar, preferably a really small one, maybe just on a sheet of paper or something, nothing fancy, but we have no calendars here! 

Love, Hermana Myer

No comments:

Post a Comment