Wednesday, December 4, 2013

email 12.2.13

This past week was the best!  I am so thankful for everything.  Mostly I am just thankful that I am here in Virginia being a missionary.

It sounds like Thanksgiving was fun!  I am glad you got to go up to the Cabin with the cousins.  And thank you for the pictures kenna!

Thanksgiving was interesting...Hermana Sevilla was sick, with 102 fever, so we ended up staying in all day.  BUT we had the best day!  LeeAnn Goettle is an angle, she mailed me a CHEESEBALL!  That is right, she mailed me a cooler with a cheesball in it, AND all the things to make my very own cheeseballs!  I cried, she is a saint.  So on Thanksgiving I decided that I was just going to cook/bake, and then we would deliver.  So I pulled H. Sevillas mattress out to the front room, turned on Christmas music (thank you mom!) and I made cheeseballs, and cake, and chicken, and all manner of yummy things.  We also made a giant grateful list (ill send the picture), watched some cheese mo tab Christmas movies (thank you mom), and the best Zone Leaders in the whole world dropped off Ice Cream.  It was so much fun!  We made some deliveries, and then ate dinner with the Del Fins.  It was such a happy day!  

Lunch with Grandma and Grandpa was the BEST.  They are just so darling.  H. Sevilla loved them too!  It was nice to see a familiar face and get some real good love-filled hugs.  They are just so fun, having all their adventures.  Also Grandma gave me some essential oils for headaches and sleeping, what a gem.  And we got to see the finished book!  And also eat Panera, so there is nothing more I could ask for.  I love them!  Also the day they were here it snowed!  Like real life snow.  It all melted, but still it was fun.  

Also I have really really good news!  I started dreaming in Spanish this week! It is real life, I have had two dreams completly in spanish, I could just cry I am so happy.  The first one was a couple of days ago.  We went on exchanges with the a set of english sisters, who I love, and that night I dreamed in spanish.  The exchange was so fun.  I was with Sister Seegmiller, she is my favorite, she is friends with my old roommate Abbey. It was neat to help someone else with their area and also in English.  We had a wee of a time.  

On Friday we had another Epic Zone meeting.  Elder Harris trained on sanctifying ourselves.  He talked about letting out trials set us on fire.  We are going to have them regaurdless, so why not let them change us.  He talked about setting ourselves on fire with our missionary work, and let others see how bright we can burn.  Very inspirational as always.  

We have not made cookies yet, but today is p-day so hurray!  And yes I have been decorating!  Next week we will send pictures!  

As far as Christmas I don't know yet.  We need to talk to some people so I will get on that this week!  But you know we are listening to Christmas music around the clock.  My compy comp is being good to me and getting in the christmas spirit...she used to be grinchy before, but she is on her way!  

I can't believe I almost forgot!  Yesterday was the biggest miracle of my whole life! We had 7 of our investigators at church, and we didn't even have to beg anyone!  Yes, we reminded them, but 7 came!  I almost cried.  The Lord is really working with these people.  We are working hard and trying to love our guts out.  Christmas time is the best for that.  So life is good here in da burg!  

I love being a missionary.  I am so grateful for you and for your love and support.  I am happy.  I love love love you all! 

xoxo Hermana Riley Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment