Monday, December 16, 2013

email 12.12.13

Mi Familia-

FELIZ NAVIDAD!  this is just the best time of the year, you all know how I feel about christmas time, I am in heaven.  Not my average year, but better in different ways. 

For Christmas we can skype or google or whatever!  We are going over to a members house at noon, so it will either be around 12 or around 1, depending on who goes first.  I don't remember my skype or anything, so if you want to set it up and email me next week with log in info/instructions that would be awesome.  

The craziest news is that I have officially been on my mission for six months!  De verdad!  I have no idea where the time went and it is still flying by.  Mostly I love it.  

This week we had a challenge to find new investigators, as many as we could, so we did A TON of trackting.  Which i LOVE.  It is so fun to meet new people and find people who are ready.  I think we found 15 new investigators this week, so we have our hands full.  One who is particularly prepared is Teresa.  She is just the cutest.  She has two daughters and is BFF with one of our members.  She saw us walking down the street and called us in and wanted to be taught, so that was a miracle!  

There was a "huge" storm here, which didn't end up being so huge...but it did snow a little.  Yesterday church was cancelled and we weren't allowed to drive, it was a little over-kill, but made for an adventure.  We walked to our hood and taught some lessons and found some new investigators, and someone even fed us dinner.  It was a great little adventure.  We did freeze on the way home, but we had a lovely time singing Christmas songs.  

I have been thinking alot about repentance this week.  I was reading in Helaman 13, and it hit me.  We are not asked to be perfect, we are asked to repent.  We will always be able to repent, always be able to be better.  As long as we are trying, and repenting, and changing, there is not much more we can do!  

Also the good news is I ate tongue tocas, he the tongue of a cow was on my taco, and I ate it.  It kinda just tasted like meat, but more chewy and with taste buds...

Happy Christmas everyone!  I hope you are all doing really festive things, because you know how that makes me feel.  Sorry this letter was so scattered.  I love love love you! 

xoxo Hermana Riley Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment