Sunday, November 16, 2014

email 10.6.14

Well I am not even sure where to start, but we had a good, very long week! 

We started off the week by finishing out our Book of Mormon read-a-thon, which was too much fun.  I had never sat down and read the Book of Mormon like that all the way through, and it was awesome.  You just get so much of the story line when you sit down and read it straight through.  I decided to highlight everything about Christ and the Atonement and to really try and focus on that, it was amazing.  I just know with all my heart that Christ is my Savior, this is his book, and he wants to help me in every moment.  I also recognized how much the Book of Mormon pleads with us to plead with our Father in Heaven.  And so many do, and are blessed.  How silly of us to neglect praying, I will never to that again, well I am going to try.  We are so lucky to have the Book of Mormon, it is just true true true. 

Mid week we went down to Richmond to go to Mission Leadership Council.  It is an all day meeting with sister training leaders and zone leaders.  They train us and then a couple days later we have our own zone meetings and train all the missionaries in our zone.  It was neat to be in that meeting, and partake of the information in a little different way, and then adapt it specifically to the needs of our zone.  We did have a scary chat about how to stay active when we go home, which was specifically for the leaders because a ton of us are going home soon, but it was surprisingly, upbeat.  I am just excited to be better. 

This weekend was the best!  I just love conference so much more.  It was powerful to have just finished reading the Book of Mormon, re-asking if is was true, then re-asking if Joseph Smith was a prophet, and also if Thomas S. Monson is a prophet.  And getting an over-whelming answer of yes yes yes, these are all the best things, and don't ever forget it.  I loved how focused conference was on Sustaining our prophet and following their direction.  The gospel is just so simple, and if we live it we can be more like our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, which is what we want.  After all was said and done I had an overwhelming feeling that I just need to focus on being a little better, being a little kinder, loving a little more, dedicating myself a little more, and be constantly converting to the Gospel.  I love the prophet so much, his guidance, his clarity, and mostly his love.  I know that God loves me, I trust in the atonement of my Savior, and I know that everything is going to be just great.  I know that this is the true church, and I am so excited to share that with simply everyone. 

We met finally had a lesson last night with our Miracle find, Franklin, and he wants to be baptized!  His wifey is very Pentecostal, and not so hip on the idea, but we are going to work with them.  I know that Heavenly Father will provide a way for the gospel to reach their home.  I love them so much! 

I am so happy to be here in Virginia, I love learning and growing and changing.  I love love love you all so much!  Have the best week! 

love, Hermana Myer 

No comments:

Post a Comment